HybridZ

Video: My SR powered 240Z 1/8th mile runs

Hugh

Nope, thats him in the EVO9 MR taking me down in the last run.

My best run of the night was against the white EVO. I ran the 9.166 against his redlighted 9.008.

Not bad for a 34 year old raggedy car with no drivetrain... I think.

Yeah, I realize its not that fast. It's a load quicker than it did with the L28 in it, though (over 10 seconds)

This was baseline, anyway. We just got the car running a couple weeks ago.

The turbo kit will come after some rear end work. (have mani & wastegate, need another turbo)

This damn 3.36 open diff ain't helping at all.

I could take those EVO's in the 1/4 right now, for the mostpart. The short track accentuates the long gears the wrong way.

Anyway, this car is in the baby stages of a big buildup. I'm working on a huge turbo setup.

I was actually running a 57mm T04S over there, but bought a T3/T67, Manifold, and Wastegate from Full-Race. I never put them on the car, as I had to leave soon after receiving them.

I was making 400+ with the T04S anyway, so it was no slouch.

When I got back to the states, I had a long wait on my parts, and along the way I decided to sell the turbo, but kept the manifold and wastegate.

I am looking at the GT3567R as an option now. It's comparable to the T3/T67, but ball bearing so it will spool a little quicker and I will probably get a broader power band out of it.

That turbo can do 600hp no problem. Now I need the chassis to handle that power. Hell, this thing won't take 400hp before rusty metal starts popping off left and right. Heh heh heh

Oh yeah, I just got my boost controller working yesterday, now I can run this little stock turbo as high as it will go.

I think 20psi will blow it up with the quickness, though... so I backed it down to 15psi.

In the video, I was only doing 10psi. It's like night & day.