HybridZ

Another V3+MSnSE vs MSII thread...

BLOZ UP

I have used MSnSE on both of my v2.2 boards for my '84 Z31 turbo. I made lots of power; it worked great with the VG30E.

My friend is trying to get me to try MSII, but the only thing I can think of that is better is the more fine tunable spark and fuel values, and stepper motor control for idle (which I probably won't use, I didn't on my z31).

So is this worth it? Is the tunability and integrity just the same? I never had any problems with MSnS other than the convoluted menu systems.

I'll probably just use my spare MSI ECU and play with a MSII and see which I like better, unless someone steers me away from buying MSII altogether.

Also, assuming you already installed and configured megasquirt and megatune to use a 3 bar map, are you able to use kpa values larger than 255 in the tables in megatune with MSNS or MSII?

I know MSII will control a larger injector at idle. I am going to run 680's.

With a 4 bar map the table will go to 400 kpa, 300 for 3 bar, it's selectable, don't know about MSnSE. You can use the factory coolant temp sensor and change the value.

Depends on what you want to do for ignition. If you're gonna use the stock or aftermarket coil or an EDIS setup, then go with MSII. For wasted spark or COP, you have to use MSI right now because MSII doesn't offer those features yet.

The MSII does have higher resolution, but that doesn't mean anything if the injectors can't utilize it. (Some big injectors have a minimum on time that is simply too long for small engines/cylinders at idle).

I'll be using the stock distributed ignition, only with an MSD coil or something. So either MSnS or MSII can handle it.

I think I'll just go with MSnS, since that's what I had running with excellent results (nearly perfectly tuned A/F, no idle (injector pulse or valve) problems, etc)--PLUS, it has boost cut which I can't find in the MSII version of MT. It also has more options for the rev limiter, and a staging limiter among a lot of other features. I think they outweigh the more resolution available on the advance and fuel tables on MSII.