HybridZ

Really need some help!

Z0wner

Alright, call me a noob and what have you, but I have searched for an hour or so with no results.

I found a parts 280zx which has a "great" driveline. It has an l28e. This is my problem.

Whats the difference between an l28e and an l28et? besides being a non turbo? Are the bottom ends the same? heads?

Will turbo(ing) the l28e later down the line be as hardy (strong) (tuff) (good) as a stock l28et? or are the two engines different beasts?

Please, please help me out. I am in a real dilemma.

They are pretty much the same motor with a few exceptions. The et motor has dished pistons (for a lower compression ratio) n/a motor has flat tops. The et motor has a P90 head (larger exhaust ports) and the n/a has a P79. I think that it is the same head except for the exhaust ports. Other than those things, you have different injectors, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, and oil pan.

Would it be hard to convert an l28e over to an l28et with same compression ratios etc?

Or would it just be better to buy an l28et? Reason being, I am buying an 83 zx for parts (disc brakes, diff, etc) and it has a really good driveline. I wouldn't mind installing the l28e and then collecting the parts and doing installing the turbo later. I was just wondering about the feasibility

come on guys' date=' simple question... simple answer (from experience?)?

--Is turbo (ing) an N/A 1983 l28e better than a stock l28et?

Thanks[/quote']

I dont have an answer, but the people who do might want to know what you plan on doing with the car, budget, etc...

maybe, maybe not...