HybridZ

Update on adjustable control arms....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

For those of you interested in the adjustable control arms...

I spoke with my Dad this evening and he informed me the jigs are 90% complete for the front arms. He had to cut one of the "guinea pig" arms to get the exact measurements and assured me that the jigs are going to be almost as "trick" as the arms themselves. He stated that he should have them finished sometime next week. One thing about my Dad being involved in this "little project" is that he tends to be a perfectionist and "over engineers" things which slows things down a bit. But I guess the final product benefits. He reminds me a great deal of one Mr. Paraska (sorry Pete, I couldn't resist...LOL!!).

Feel free the e-mail me with any questions, etc...

Chris

Guest Anonymous

Chris,

Thanks for the update. I'll be looking forward to seeing some pics of the finished product. Will these control arms also include an adjustable tc rod? Mark

Guest Anonymous

Mark,

Yep...we are working on adjustable TC rods as well. We are fabricating everything to be a "bolt on" process for those who don't have access to a welder.

Chris

Danno,

Pretty much the same story on those as well. The holidays really sloed us more than we had hoped, and we are probably gonna run later on the rears than expected as well. We should have the pictures of the fronts up this week.

Mike

------------------

http://hometown.aol.com/dat74z/myhomepage/auto.html

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Guest Anonymous

Danno,

All of the machine work for the rears is already completed and we have settled on a final design. Other than that we really have not done a great deal with the rears as it did not represent as much of a challenge as the front arms. The rear arms will be all tubular and will be much easier to do than the front arms because there is more "room" and the only mount we have to worry about is the sway bar.

I apologize for saying several times that we would have photos "in a week or so" but we felt it was best not to rush and make sure we had everything perfect. That meant re-designing the jigs for the front arms which really is the part that must be perfect so that each arm will be exactly alike.

Chris

Heh, I've just completed the removal of bushings from one of my rear arms today... If you guys are going to be close with the rear arms anytime soon let me know and I'll go with those over having the stock arms powdercoated! I'd love to use your arms but don't want to slow the progress I'm making on my car to wait (sigh).

Also, if you need a sacrifical rear arm I'll have one. It's slightly damaged so I've ordered one from ZBarn - hope to see it soon. Once it's here the one I have is yours for the taking.