HybridZ

pretty sweet custom velocity stacks

JaysZ

I'm thinking he might have just flared regular exhaust pipe for those with some kind of flaring tool. or you might be able to find a reducer that goes from two extreme sizes, and cut it off just after the flare from one diameter to the next. looks like he just welded a rolled tube on the end and ground it smooth from there...

Velocity stacks = AKA = Venturi tubes..

Aviation shops sell plenty of em...

but check out Burns SS .. they have a wide selection of them

to form a venturi an opening must open up to a larger opening like a bell so as to cause a low pressure zone, a velocity stack uses the rolled edges to draw air from a greater area, so they woulod be 2 completely different animals unless I missed a physic's lesson somewhere

evildky .. your 100% correct..

I generally "think" of a velocity stack as a venturi.. literally the same effect..

increase velocity .. decrease pressure in the narrower part of the piping..

the velocity stacks simply cut that "venturi" in half.. so now you have this increase in velocity so it can be thrown into the combustion chamber..

but .. a Venturi tube CAN use a bell opening .. or rolled edges or a air horn (diff terms) .. that just gathers more air