HybridZ

has anyone had there WB o2 sensor go out?

boostin280zx

I have a lc-1 w/ the xd-16 gauge. My gauge reads 20.9 a/f when the cars turned off and fresh air is in the exhaust. When i start my car up it will show #'s in the 14's wich is usaually normal, then it will jump up to #'s in the 60's a/f. It also flashes error 8 now. It used to show error 8 when the sensor overheated but never showed the really high #'s on the gauge.

Does that sound like i need to replace my sensor, or could it be a short in the wiring?

And does anyone know if you could order or get the bosch sensor through autozone. I read somewhere and found a part # for the sensor used but can't find it know.

20.9 AFR is the standard for the FREE AIR calibration..

the error 8 or error 9 codes are standard when the standalone guage is NOT hooked up to the LM-1

Try re-calibrating to free air and try again..

during heavy load.. and runnign lean.. ive had weird spikes of 60AFR its just the sensor freaking out

This isn't a spike. THe gauge stays in the 50' and 60's the whole time im driving. I hit full 16psi w/ it sayin 60 something and the car never pinged or anything. I've did the fresh air and heater recaclibration a few times and still does it. The gauge is only a couple weeks old and the sensor is about 4 months old. My car was running really rich so i don't know if that mighta messed up the sensor.

Guest 280ZForce

how far down the dp do you have the wb o2 sensor mounted? it's best if you can mount it literally like 2-3' away from the turbo. try having it after the dp more on the horizontal part of the exhaust by the tranny.

false information is out there about them is you are supposed to mount them like 4-6 inches away from turbo. but it's best if you can get it around 2' away or so.

a narrowband o2 sensor is fine around 4-6 inches away but not the wb o2 sensor.

I had similar experiences. Move the sensor as far down stream as possible. I had several sensors go bad when it was mounted in the stock location. I moved it about 2.5-3' down the line and its been working great.