HybridZ

260z w/ 240z springs?

i just purchased some illumina adjustable shocks for my 74 260 and my buddy gave me some springs from his 71 240. He told me they would go right in and yield me a stiffer ride with some adjustables, but physically the spring sizes are very different and decided to take a second opinion before i did anything. do u guys think it would yield me any benefits to swap the 260 springs w/ 240 springs when installing my shocks. I did a search and could not find anything, so any help is greatly appreciated.:)

Regardless the springs shouldn't be a really different size. They might be shorter, that's almost always the case with aftermarket springs, but they shouldn't be a different diameter or anything like that. They're all basically the same diameter until you hit the 280ZX or if you start getting into coilovers.

If you have a "small bumper" (early) 260z then the suspension is the same as the 240z. If you have a "large bumper" later 260z then you would want 280 springs. The 240 springs will make the rear end sit up too high, I think.