HybridZ

Ordered a New TIG Welder

johnc

Guest JAMIE T

Nice! Did you get the pulser? I just picked up a 110 Millermatic 135 MIG for the light work. I still have the big guns, Lincoln PowerMIG 350 with the Python push-pull and the really big gun Miller Syncrowave 350 TIG.

Yes, I added the ACP controls for $227. I looked at the Miller Synchrowave 300DX TIG Runner setup but the street prices were about $400 more then the Lincoln, comparably equipped. Either machine would work well for me but the Lincoln is what I trained on at the Lincoln Electric Welding School. I know what knobs to turn and when to turn them. :D

Just wondering why you are trading in the Inverter Style Machine?

I know with the Pulser on the new machine its almost the same. Except for the Adjustable Frequency?

I found I rarely used the adjustable frequency stuff on my Invertec. I did use the pulse and sometimes I tweaked the balance when welding AC. The Auto Balance function on the ACP will do a better job them me of optimizing the balance between cleaning and penetration when weld AL. The important things for me are the water cooled torch, additional power, auto balance and pulse.

I'm also hoping the MicroStart tech will help me when welding .049" stainless tubing. Its pretty tough getting the bead started without burning a hole.

Simply wonderful! Its been a while since I spent a couple hours just welding stuff for the helluvit. Steel, stainless, aluminum, copper all welded beautifully with this new machine. Worth all the pennies I spent.

I'll put my Invertec up for sale in the classified section.