HybridZ

need info on this Z!!!!!

jdizzy204

For what it is worth, it is obviosly on a 4wd dyno, but like some one earlier mentioned that doesnt mean it is AWD. take a close look and you can see that none of the wheels are even set in the dyno, all are lifted off the rollers, so from this pic it seems to be pretty hard to tell, and as veritech mentioned, it does look like a standard L series motor in it, and I do have to admit, it does NOT look like there is another set of axles stuffed in the front of that. As of the wide body, doesnt mean that its got axles stuffed in front and back, just allows more room for a wider stance and wider profile tires while minimizing the camber angle. Also as veritech mentioned, if this is an actual registered race car you'd be able to pull up info on it just searching under terms such as MONZA Z, or monza datsun, monza racing, ect... To be 100% with you, after about 2 to 2.5 hours of searching yesterday, the only Datsun I found done by monza motorspoerts was a 510. And judging by the looks of that shop, it really doesn't look very professional at all, probably a local car club of that area or something, a pro shop, especially a company like MONZA, the shop would be much cleaner and probably alot better equipped than that. Thats just my opinion on that subject, it is a beautiful Z though and definately some big $$ well-spent. HUGE props to the guy(s) or girl(s) who put this one together.

That Z in the link veritech supplied is f-ing wicked. Flatout, probably one of the sickest Z's Ive seen yet.

Oddly enough, I've seen this car come up more times on this site than through any google search. No search terms I've tried to throw at it have gotten me even one picture in a web search, but it's turned up in at least 3 or 4 seperate threads on Hybridz, usually along with that black car I posted earlier, which came from an old thread anyway. I'm beginning to suspect that whatever atlantis space alien built this car has taken it back to andromeda...

Yea I have begun to notice that it has been easier to find that car on this site than anywhere else. You would definately think a Z as sweet as that would have stories about it left and right. I do have to admit, just my opinion, the more I look at it, the more I hate that big *** wing on the back, I know its there for downforce, but really looks tacky. I just cant believe that something with that much time, money, and effort spent on it has no story to go behind it!!!