HybridZ

240Z drag car

....be more obscure next time.

god forbid you copy and paste the URLs!!

here's what he was talking about

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/646680/240z-Drag-car-rolling-may-trade-for-nice-BBC.html

0344636097254.jpg

description:

Selling car rolling or t/k... 240z tube chassis cert to 8.50....set up for small block and glide....New black interior, new tires on rear, strut front, wildwood bakes on all 4 corners, new 7 al,monster tach,oil, and temp gauge. Five gallon cell in the rear. New simpson chute, all new lexan, 60 inch wheely bars. Car has a dana with 456 gears. Car has been 5.50 with a 118 60 foot on the foortbrake in the 1/8 with a 427 small block. Car has been very well kept...asking $12,000 rolling or $17,000 t/k with 358 small block with 2 speed glide with brake obo...Or will trade for really nice Big block chevy with headers...call for info on motor

and wow check this out!! a very clean looking 260z with an SBC/t350 trans. i wonder why he's only asking 3200!!!!

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/624062/1976-Datsun-260Z-with-small-block-Chevy.html

5663747891662.jpg

8399379057352.jpg

even with the paint mess ups...it's got to be worth more than 3200!

1976 Datsun 260Z with small block Chevy conversion. Small block 355 cu in with block hugger headers and full exhaust. Elderbrock Torquer Intake, Holley 750 Double Pumper Carb. Crowler Camshaft TCI stall conv. Hurst short throw quarter stick shifter. Turbo 350 transmission.

Last I heard Ron got a t-ram with a couple of carbs and I believe he had engine trouble and put the car for sale. I believe his was a 540BBC.

I remember he was getting out of the Z and into something else for racing. Be nice if he showed up once in a while; he was a good regular to the board.

We still have Jap Tin!!!

Davy

One trend that seems to be happening is that that once folks get into the 8’s or even 9’s, a compact “street car†loses its attraction. Further progress becomes increasingly difficult – as either the car becomes unrecognizably different from its origin, or becomes too temperamental and unsafe. In either case, the trend is to move to a dedicated dragster. The formula of light compact street car + huge hi-po engine works great up to a point – but evidently only up to a point. Ron Jones probably reached that point, and chose to go elsewhere to make further progress.

Now here’s a question for the cognoscenti: why do so many drag Z’s on racingjunk have Dana 60’s? I would have thought that a 9†or 12-bolt would be the more natural choice.

Now here’s a question for the cognoscenti: why do so many drag Z’s on racingjunk have Dana 60’s? I would have thought that a 9†or 12-bolt would be the more natural choice.

A dana 60 is tough but heavy, It will cost more to do a good 9" over a Dana