HybridZ

this is startin to piss me off...

300zxRB26

ok for the past 2 days my car has been runnin like sh*t...its non-stop now. It chuggs so bad that i can't get like above 60, and the thing is its only when its hot,I mean really hot (outside) its been in the 90's out here and this is the only time it has been runnin so bad. This makes me think that my some kinda of temperature sensor is bad. Another thing when i get on it, it detonates BAD which makes me believe its the fuel pressure regulator which has the fuel temp sonsor built in. Let me kno what you guys think. By the way its a 1988 300zx turbo

another thing, sometimes in the morning when i start it up it will sitt there and run like its getting no fuel and when you tap the gas you hear a loud squeel and then it's fine, but the belts are all fine. How would i test the ecu?

A squeal? Hmm a wild wild guess but maybe your oil pump is starting to go

could be cam thats squealing

Guest ZFury

Your fuel pump and crank angle sensor can cause similar problems. But I wouldnt trust the ECU. Put a fuel pressure guage in your fuel feed line to check your fuel pressure. If that checks out as fine. The CAS prob would cause missing, but not a chug. And if your were missing from the CAS you would prolly' know it.

like i said it only does it when the car is real hot. sometimes it takes the car to be operating above normal temperature, like 210 - 220 degrees instead of like 175 to 190. I'm gettin ready to go do the fuel pressure check right now. By the way how would you check to see if your CAS wasn't working properly (electrical wise)?

If it runs fine at normal operating temperature, but like crap when it's hot, I would assume fuel boiling. Electronics like the coils and ignitor can make a car misfire when they get hot, but the chug and ping you describe points towards a lean condition.