HybridZ

240 wiper arms on a 280

would wiper arms from a 240z fit on a 280z? I am having trouble finding new arms, the grooves in mine have been worn out and I'm nervous about buying used arms because they could be worn as well. I found a set for a 240 that is new though and was hoping I could buy and use them. Also the stubs that you fit the arms into have grooves is there a place to buy new ones if ever they wore out? I truely hate the whole windshield wiper system on this car, it's the only part of it that was poorly designed.

On another note I just bought me a set of tokico illuminas and springs AND a rear disc conversion kit that includes the calipers and drilled/slotted rotors, I've got some fun installations ahead of me wish me luck

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got one of each in my garage right now. I'll try to check that out over the weekend.

I know that late 280 wipers will fit an early 280. The previous owner of my 280 preferred the black arms to the polished that originally came on the car.

Sorry I missed this post.

There is a difference in the arms. How the wiper blade holder attaches to the arm itself is the difference. I do believe that changed in '72 (not positive). There is also a difference from left to right. The blade angle is slightly different horizontally (they are labeled). They are not chrome plated, they are stainless steel just like all the other trim pieces around the windows, drip rails and side marker lights (excluding the mounting point on the wiper arm which appears to be aluminum). I polished a set of wiper blade arms to a mirror finish and it took alot of time, but turned out great looking. I considered polishing all the trim aswell, but got it powdercoated instead.

Edit: as for mounting and function, they are the same. You just have to keep the wiper blade holders with their corresponding arms.