HybridZ

rb26 automatic adapter for sale

stony

Matt' date='

I purchased one for John Taylor as well as another friend of mine to run the RB25. I also have that kit, but it does require that you use their custom 8" converter. Contact me if you need one.[/quote']

I picked up a Quaife six speed, straight cut, dog for the time being (dude needed money fast, so I got it for $1300!!). We want to drive it on the street for a while, and the 6000rpm converter is just not condusive to that!!! The car may go full-race when the Quaife gives up. At that time we will move to the PG. Thanks.

Matt,

That is sort of a misconception for this application. You can go as low as 3K on the stall for the 8" converter. Just ask John T as he runs this setup on his street car. The converter will only stall when sufficient torque is applied and the RB makes no torque until the turbo comes alive. That is part of the difficulty in properly sizing a converter for a turbo application.

A v8 is another story since they make lots of torque at the lower rpms. Bottom line is that you can have a very streetable turbo car using an automatic and 8" converter. Driving around and part throttle will not cause the converter to stall as that only happens when sufficient torque is applied. BTW, I ran around for 1 year with the PG and 3700rpm stall with no issues and my original 4N71B auto used a converter that had a 5700rpm stall. The converter wouldn't slip just cruising, but when I laid into the throttle it did stall and the turbo came alive very quickly.

Another thing to consider is that because the Z car is so light it does not create as much load as does a heavier car.

interesting

so what's the rule of thumb for sizing converters for turbo cars,i posed this question some time ago and got no joy

i have a 240z with a jatco 3speed+overdrive behind an rb30et,looking to get the motor on boost asap off the line,currently running a manual and see very little boost in first gear(too low?,not enough load?) about 7psi in second then 14psi in the top 3

paul

ps sorry to hijack your thread

Matt' date='

That is sort of a misconception for this application. You can go as low as 3K on the stall for the 8" converter. Just ask John T as he runs this setup on his street car. The converter will only stall when sufficient torque is applied and the RB makes no torque until the turbo comes alive. That is part of the difficulty in properly sizing a converter for a turbo application.

A v8 is another story since they make lots of torque at the lower rpms. Bottom line is that you can have a very streetable turbo car using an automatic and 8" converter. Driving around and part throttle will not cause the converter to stall as that only happens when sufficient torque is applied. BTW, I ran around for 1 year with the PG and 3700rpm stall with no issues and my original 4N71B auto used a converter that had a 5700rpm stall. The converter wouldn't slip just cruising, but when I laid into the throttle it did stall and the turbo came alive very quickly.

Another thing to consider is that because the Z car is so light it does not create as much load as does a heavier car.[/quote']

A question came up this weekend about the ATI adapter. Does it maintain the stock rb slate with the gm auto attached??? or does it stand it striaght up. Im thinking it will maintain the slant but you never know. i will be calling them first thing this morning to find out but thought id ask anyways.

I asked above but no answer yet so i will ask again. Anyone have any info on why ATI says you can only use there converter with this adapter?

the adapter maintains the orignal slate according to ATI. they wouldnt un*** why they require an ATI converter, so the question still stands. Why does ati require you buy their converter with this adapter? :shifty:

Guest JAMIE T

Could be an odd bolt pattern or something. Maybe it is spaced out alittle to compensate for the thickness of the adapter. If it were me, I'd go with the ATI unless you already have one. I've used them in the past and will sure as **** use them again. One of the best in the industry.