HybridZ

pimp my... radiator? how to make it look good again

JaysZ

Mike, thanks for that link. If you recommend it, I'll go for it. How would I go about cleaning/prepping it before paint?

BTW, i finally got around to taking parts off to get powdercoated. I've got a bunch of very small parts and that entire hood hinge assembly that I'd like to do. I would send the radiator, but it would cost too much to ship. Could I send you a pic of the items for a price quote?

The transmission mounts are one thing I'd like to do.. but it has rubber on it. Can you still do these? Thanks again

Mike' date=' thanks for that link. If you recommend it, I'll go for it. How would I go about cleaning/prepping it before paint?

BTW, i finally got around to taking parts off to get powdercoated. I've got a bunch of very small parts and that entire hood hinge assembly that I'd like to do. I would send the radiator, but it would cost too much to ship. Could I send you a pic of the items for a price quote?

The transmission mounts are one thing I'd like to do.. but it has rubber on it. Can you still do these? Thanks again[/quote']maybe, but its taking a chance with the rubber mounts. Maybe Cruez can chime in. If its a lot of small parts, you might be better off buying one of their starte pc kits and a toaster oven or used oven and doing your own. Its not really hard, and very addictive. Thats how I started.

In any case, if you want, I would be happy to do your parts, but I just figure the hybrid folks are more likely to want to do it themselves, if possible.

I just cleaned mine, scuffed with scotch brite pad, and painted the whole thing with rattle can of high temp engine paint. Turned out satin black and IMO looks very good unless you are looking for show quality super high gloss or something real fancy.

Cameron