HybridZ

Need Exhaust Manifold

While waiting to have the 4th cam installed (upgrading to full roller, tired of flat tappet cams failing break-in) I sent my left manifold to be recoated by Swain Tech due to spalling of the original coating. As luck would have it, they found a crack. If it weren't for bad luck.... Anyway, anyone out there have an old cast iron SBC manifold like the attached pic? It's an early 80's piece used on Caprice, Camaro, Monte, etc. I've checked out the local Pick-a-Parts, found similar but not quite the same. Tried eBay, no luck at all.

LH Manifold_thumb.JPG

Deja,

I've got a request in for a quote from Jerry's, thanks for the link!

Paz8,

This particular version isn't that common any more. I've tried all the local Pick-a-parts and a few others as well as local engine builders and the only ones I can find have the O2 sensor bung. They're about and inch and a half longer. My crossover pipe is SwainTech coated so I don't want to have to cut/flare it to fit. Plus, the longer length interferes with the steering rod so I'd have to have the mating surface machined at an angle to clear. I have found one source for new ones but they're $130 ! ! I can get a header cheaper than that!

Skipzoomie,

Thanks for the feedback! My old manifold is only 6 3/4". At 7 1/2" I think it will interfere with the steering shaft. That's the problem I have with the junkyard manifold I bought that has an O2 port, it's 7 1/2" too. Are you sure yours doesn't have the O2 port?