HybridZ

Noob mistake :-(

cygnusx1

Today I changed the oil and filter in the Z and I wasn't feeling all that well...a bit groggy. I have the turbo oil cooler line adapter where the filter screws on. Well I usually check the old filter to see if the rubber ring stuck to the engine. Well, the filter slipped out of my hand and fell into the oil drain pan. I just threw out a few words and screwed on the new filter. I put the car down, and added the oil, started it, and PHOOOSH!!! oil all over the side of the block and the floor!! I let out several more choice words and plunked my hand into the oil to fish out the old filter...no rubber seal!!!..@*&@#^.

I knew about this old noob mistake since I worked at a dealership a long time ago and I always oil the seal before I put on the filter. However, you always get bit when you least expect it!

Yeah, I did that too a couple of years ago. Fortunately, just before doing the oil change, I had installed some used injectors and they were sticking, so the car ran like crap. I shut it off right away, and when I got out of the car, I noticed a pool of oil spreading out under the car. Who knows how long it would have taken me to notice otherwise! Now I check the filter for the o-ring every time I remove one.

Nigel

'73 240Z

Today I changed the oil and filter in the Z and I wasn't feeling all that well...a bit groggy. I have the turbo oil cooler line adapter where the filter screws on. Well I usually check the old filter to see if the rubber ring stuck to the engine. Well' date=' the filter slipped out of my hand and fell into the oil drain pan. I just threw out a few words and screwed on the new filter. I put the car down, and added the oil, started it, and PHOOOSH!!! oil all over the side of the block and the floor!! I let out several more choice words and plunked my hand into the oil to fish out the old filter...no rubber seal!!!..@*&@#^.

I knew about this old noob mistake since I worked at a dealership a long time ago and I always oil the seal before I put on the filter. However, you always get bit when you least expect it![/quote']

You suck! LoL