HybridZ

LT1 hotcam 4L60e tuning file wanted!

Wondering if anyone has a .bin or .lt1 file setup for a 94 LT1 with a LT4 hotcam kit with iron heads and a 4L60e. I bought tunercat and the definition file a while back. Now that I installed the hotcam kit I figured I should mess with the pcm a bit. I am currently playing around in tunercat and searching the web for a good baseline. I plan on taking advantage of a free dyno run at school next week. I would like to have a decent program installed for a good baseline run. Once I get it on the dyno and find out the HP TQ and a/f, I can further tweak the settings. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Yeah good luck with that one. I have searched in the past and have not found anything but a stock file for a 1994 with a 6 speed. If you do find one be sure to post it. Oh and I am really interested in the numbers your going to be putting down.

Have you got the tuning part pretty figured out? I haven't got a chance to mess with Tuner Cat from a tuning stand point yet, just deleting stuff that I dont want/need. If you have it figured out please post up some info on how you did the tuning.

Guy

Tune files are a funny thing, people just dont put them online. I guess it's because of all the different operating system on the computers. I have 2 99 computers but they both have different operating systems so I can't exchange the data between the 2.

Or people dont know how their file may react on your car. I would have to be talked into giving my tune out since it's so custom.

I dont know anything about LT1's but here's what I know from the LS1.

Start rich and work your way down with your AFR. Surging is prob timing. Try adding some. Your VE (volumemetric efficiency) changes with the cam. It's lower at idle and higher at higher RPM (depending on the throttle setting). If you can force the car into open loop and tune the AFR you'll be miles ahead. That's a speed density tune and you can eliminate the MAF by doing that.

I am currently looking for a more specific file to start a base tune. Right now I am running a "frankenstein" type one. I took parts from one with just the hot cam kit and transmission shift stuff from a hypertech programmed car and it works alright so far.

From what I know on tuning, a person would want to use the MAF because it measures airflow more precisely than a map (speed density setup) does unless you have forced induction of some type on your engine.

I have pretty much figured out the transmission section of Tunercat. I am not sure though what tables to use for power enrichment. Yeah, the ones I will use after the dyno run for A/F ratio adjustments.

I am NOT looking for and I think NO ONE should use a dyno tuned file off the internet on their car. Dyno tuned files are files tweaked specifically to whichever car was dynoed and that cars specific intake, heads, exhaust system, climate of that area, etc.

Here are some sites that people are sharing tuning files that i've had for a while that could help out anyone with a LT1 or LS1.

Very good info on tuning.

http://para.noid.org/~lj/PCM%20Tutorial/PCMtutorial.htm

Not as good as the first, some good basics.

http://members.nuvox.net/~on.roz/cars/z28/tuning.html

**TUNING FILES**--AS ALWAYS BE CAREFUL WITH WHAT FILES YOU DOWNLOAD AND TAKE A LOOK AT THEM IN TUNERCAT BEFORE FLASHING YOUR PCM.

On the bottom of this page there are alot of stock .bin and .lt1 files along with specific engine setup tunes.

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/LT1Edit/LT1files.htm

Here is a forum with some trading of tunercat files .bin .lt1 as well as .cal for LS1 engines.

http://www.monodax.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30