HybridZ

rb26dett compression results

noodl35

I have received compression results from an importer of mine on a r32 rb26dett. Note that these compression results are from a cold motor so they may not be accurate. Tell me what you guys think.

These results are from the timing belt side to the transmission.

Cylinder 1: 170 psi

Cylinder 2: 155 psi

Cylinder 3: 155 psi

Cylinder 4: 175 psi

Cylinder 5: 170 psi

Cylinder 6: 180 psi

What are average compression results from rb26detts? Seems a bit low give or take 25 psi different on cylinder 2 & 3.

I have received compression results from an importer of mine on a r32 rb26dett. Note that these compression results are from a cold motor so they may not be accurate. Tell me what you guys think.

These results are from the timing belt side to the transmission.

Cylinder 1: 170 psi

Cylinder 2: 155 psi

Cylinder 3: 155 psi

Cylinder 4: 175 psi

Cylinder 5: 170 psi

Cylinder 6: 180 psi

What are average compression results from rb26detts? Seems a bit low give or take 25 psi different on cylinder 2 & 3.

Yeah, keep in mind 1-3 spools one turbo, and 4-6 spools the other.... is that something you want?

Yeah, keep in mind 1-3 spools one turbo, and 4-6 spools the other.... is that something you want?

That was what I tryed to tell.

I am not sure about turbos vs. twin setup but if they have same wastegates, one turbo will have to work harder to build up the pressure if the other one is slacking. So you'll maybe end up with a broken turbo.

This happens on the Audi 2.7 biturbo setup. Thats the only experience I have with twin's. Their wg's are to weak so when one break, the other turbo usually breaks.

That was what I tryed to tell.

I am not sure about turbos vs. twin setup but if they have same wastegates' date=' one turbo will have to work harder to build up the pressure if the other one is slacking. So you'll maybe end up with a broken turbo.

This happens on the Audi 2.7 biturbo setup. Thats the only experience I have with twin's. Their wg's are to weak so when one break, the other turbo usually breaks.[/quote']

Maybe he needs a fatty single =P

from the fatctory R32 GTR manual:

standard value: 171 psi @ 300 rpm

limit value: 128 psi @ 300 rpm

compression variance limit between cylinders: 14 psi @ 300 rpm

not sure how you got the 180 psi???!!!

hope that helps,

Cuong