HybridZ

my s30 drawings...

OlderThanMe

Shading is for girls, just use a Magnum 44 and make it all black and white with no gray! Just kidding, I think that is pretty good mike, I'm glad more people are jumping in on this thread, it's been pretty fun and I was worried it was winding down. We've almost gotten it as long as the aerodynamics threads...there are still a few people I know can draw that are holding out, and I"m sure many others. I saw Driftn280zx chime in earlier, but no pictures...I'm willing to bet Iskone likes to draw given his graffitti avatar. Maybe if we do some graffitti themed paint jobs, we could entice some new faces. New challenge: OTM and whoever, should you choose to accept it, I will be producing a graffitti theme S30 picture tomorrow at work, and challenge you all to see what the rest of you can come up with.

NAH...MORE 350ZISH...VERY COOL. oops...caps lock.

A bumpy viper type roof is very nice looking. I think some of the older mercedes cars had those too.

the headlights look exactly like an S2000's... where is this 350z nonsense comming from?

edit: added image...

s2k_front_1 and z_thumb.jpg

Guest ON3GO

ah erine i just parted out my last S2000 like a few days ago to pay some bills.

headlights w/ all HID parts i sold for stupid cheap and i wish i just kept them for myself. if i knew you wanted them i would of just gave them to ya for some advice on something i wanna do to my Z.

i still have one front fender but its in BAD shape, other one i sold.

ill keep a eye out for ya.

And YES, the S2000 to me feels more like a S30 Z then the 350Z.. i love S2K's!!

I don't know if this has been done on a z before but I think I am going to do it...I am going to get some of that pearly white rustoleum to do the teeth. I have red and black. Of course the huge mouth will be a natural candidate for this mod. I may paint the radiator crossmembers red to match as well. I have been pondering this idea for a while buit haven't thought of a good way to do it yet. Now that I am a rustoleum guru I think it can be easily done. I may do the rest of the car in rusto-rod fashion. I am just not a body prep kind of guy. panels are not straight, gaps are off...I am rolling paint on a car with a roller!!! what am I? definitely someone that wants to do cool stuff for very cheap. $$$$ is going into go-fast parts and I don't want to have a two or three grand paintjob that someone is just going to slam their door into since my car is not a "show car" and never will be. If I can be cool for a 10th of the cost or less of the go fast parts then I'll do it...that means rolling paint and doing radical designs with it. I am building this road warrior to be underestimated. Most v8 guys laugh at the chunks of 1/4in. bondo that are showing hanging off. I don't really care...I can beat lots of v8 trucks, cars, and whatever but once I hit a curve they are history. They just think that since they have a v8 they are fast... time to put the proper face on this road warrior. I am also getting a proper exhaust tip...machine gun style.

p40_warhawk.jpg

one day my car will be a nice track day car but not now...now is rat-rod style...

Amen brother! I was planning to do that to my last green z, but never got around to it. I say go for it, but do all the radiator stuff black so it doesn't stand out as much. I'm dying to see this machine gun exhaust tip. By the way, there are some new camo designs over on the camo zzzap! thread. Also wal-mart carries a "flat olive" krylon paint that is the same price as the regular stuff.

I doubt it... I have some bigger plans...my dad is starting a project where he is going to learn about how to make an ignition module..he has all the parts except one and he ordered that. he then will be able to develop my fully programmable distributorless system.

Whoah-ho, mr. fancy pants...check you out with the home-made ignition control. Fair enough. That sounds like a pretty sweet project, is it going to do fuel as well? I guess not if you've got the carbs. I'm still trying to build my wiring harness to install my megasquirt so I can ditch these lame-o su's.

yeah...I am just this little humble country boy with an electrical engineer dad... :-)

some day when I do a turbo or supercharger project I may have him do a fuel control but it may just be easier to get megasquirt. there is a lot of development time involved in it. The stock system is really simple but making the DIS will be a little more complex with the crank trigger and multiple coils...

I would totally keep the face on the fenders, and not wrap it around the front. At least not on the hood, anyway. The teeth aren't going to look right at all on the hood, but I don't mind them on the spook so much. Plus your headlight buckets aren't glassed over yet, are they? So you wouldn't be able to use that surface to do the graphic.