HybridZ

Can i simply bypass the fuel damper?

Willstar

OK, i just saw another persons picture of a fuel damper in the tread "can anybody tell me what this is"

Maybe what i'm thinking of isnt a fuel damper.

Its a black tank/case that sits on the internal side of the fuel filler, with a fuel inlet/outlet.

Hrmm???

Most if not all of the new electric fuel pumps have eliminated the need for a fuel dampner. The early OEM pumps had pulsating problems due to design. I would not think that when using a new style fuel pump such as walbro, aeromotive or any other that it would be necessary. In fact the manufacturers don't even have a fuel dampner for sale, so I think that speaks for itself.

OK' date=' i just saw another persons picture of a fuel damper in the tread "can anybody tell me what this is"

Maybe what i'm thinking of isnt a fuel damper.

Its a black tank/case that sits on the internal side of the fuel filler, with a fuel inlet/outlet.

Hrmm???[/quote']

Can anyone veryfy this for me?

willstar...it is an expansion tank that allows room for when your gas expands of fumes out...I guess. I am going to go with a fuel cell next summer so it will be eleminated. All you would need to do is run teh line from the top of the filler neck down to one of the large vents on the drivers side of the gas tank. I am not messing with any of it since it will all be pulled out and I don't want to have to deal with blocking it off.

good luck!