HybridZ

Update on my Scion xB.... its a race-box lol

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

Thought i would update those who sorta were into my little scion xB project.

i think there was like 1 or 2 people hahaha.

For those that know my car was nailed by hail, so insurance sent me a check for the damage and i think i made out pretty good.

Before in the other thread i just updated pics of when i lowered it, but ive changed a few things on it since then.

Now it sports..

Buddy Club P1 Racing II Wheels. Gunmetal centers with a polished lip. 15x7 with a +35 offset to bring them out alittle more then stock.

Kumho rubber.

I painted the front grille and tail lights in House of Kolor paints, i think the tail lights look a TON better then the factor clear.

I also removed the emblems and put a xB emblem on the front grille, its also painted in House of kolor Kandy Apple just like the tail lights.

I also smoked my headlights, thought it would look good with the painted grille and i think it came out pretty good.

The hood in these pics is still dented, but i got a dual vented Carbon Fiber hood coming for it thanks to the insurance company.

im gonna fix the dents and paint the stock hood myself when the time comes, so i can switch if need be.

heres some pics, so far im happy with my little daily driver.

PDR_2521.JPG

PDR_2522.JPG

PDR_2523.JPG

Im glad i got the car back, been without it for awhile now.. long story but i must say im not a fan of the toyota dealership i went to!

mike

Guest ON3GO

i was gonna sell it but as of right now i need something good on gas and this car does it very well.

what i really think of it?

its great. theres alot of nice cars you can buy now for cheaper then the xB but none of them are as different and as nice to drive as this little box.

it has ALOT of space for people in the back seat, stock sound system is awesome, it rides great!, has enough power to get around town, fit and finish is really good for the price, doesnt feel cheap when you drive it, toyota does build a good car!

mines a manual so its quick and more fun to drive the a auto xB but i didnt mind driving my friends auto xB.

mine also rides better then stock, which i thought was werid since it stiffened it up and lowered it, but now it rides like a 3 series bmw, it has a very euro feel now.

i get around 37mpg around town, but on the highway its not that great, revs to high at say 80mph which is like the reg speed on a highway in Houston.

Here in florida there isnt alot of roads like houstons so its alot nice to drive around and i get way better gas mileage.

so in short.. i love it.

Guest l28et

Good lookin box! Theres a group of them running around here, some have a buttload of cash in em. You still doing the carbon fiber roof?

Im sure you'd rather have a Dastun Cube? :D (Go reply foo)

Guest ON3GO

ya i told ya that time we talked on AOL that Datsun will be coming back and i would bet money they would put the cube under the datsun name.

and yea i would rather have the cube or even the new bB which is what the xB is in every other part of the world.

yep carbon fiber roof and hatch is still on the TODO list.

mike

I think you need to mow your lawn, it looks kinda long. Is that marathon II?

I have an 05xB. I'm trying to save the car money to spend on the Z since the scion is kinda a economy car. I get 29mpg in mine though. It's funny to see all the cars slow down on the hill whereas my car is already in its peak power range and has no problem making it up at 80mph.

I gotta admit, I kinda want the stock spoiler though. noooo must resist temptation! The Z needs my money!

Guest ON3GO

ya i do like the stock spoiler, it came with it as this one is the limited edition one.

and the lawn.... the house is a rental, we move out in a week or so.

mike

Guest ON3GO
and in the end, you're still driving a short yellow bus :)

aux buy the time you get the rotory Z running the seals are gonna be dry-roted!!!

:D