HybridZ

ford 9in rear end

rdv88

9" specs on my rear end are 30" flange to flange. 24 1/2" housing end to end. centered pinion. 18" 4 link brackets outside to outside. This is with a 14.5 X 32 X 15 hoosier on a 15X 14 weld wheel with a 3 1/2" backspacing. Rear wheel wells streached but stock body width.

Well, my boys z car is in paint prison so I can't measure it, otherwise I would, but I run a detroit locker, lightened and 4.30 gears with a 29.5x9x15 slick. It needs more rubber on the ground but that's later.

It depends on what wheels he plans on using as to what the rear ends up measuring. Your running alot of rubber which matches the mondo HP your trying to plant, he might be running less motor and run less tire, so he needs to figure out what tire/wheel combination he plans on running and how he wants it to fit under the car, with flares or without.

Your information was very informative anyway, so I think he has a good start even though he had to put up with us making alittle bit of fun out of the post.

I think he should put the biggest tire he can find under it and gear it for that tire. On the altered we have 16X16 double beadlocks with a 34.5 X 17 X 16 MT tire. Changing the gear to a 4.56 should put it just under 9 grand through the lights.

I think he should put the biggest tire he can find under it and gear it for that tire. On the altered we have 16X16 double beadlocks with a 34.5 X 17 X 16 MT tire. Changing the gear to a 4.56 should put it just under 9 grand through the lights.

rdv88, what motor are you using and how much HP do you think you'll be making?

WHAT, no one else going give this poor guy some specs for a nine inch in his Z ???

I gave him all the information he needs to answer the question himself. Or at least enough info to learn the right questions to ask. There is no way this thread will ever contain enough info to keep him from having a tough time of it. This thread is lucky to have survived this long.

Well, you won't need alot of tire IMO to hook that. I'm planting about 577rwhp and I'm running an 9 inch wide slick. However, you may want more later and the "look" of a pro-street car so you'll have to decide what width to go with depending on what wheels you have.

Well IMO, I wouldnt just mini tub it. If you going to have to build a whole new rear frame for a solid rear then just do what I am doing. Run you some monster meats under the back and never look back. That way if later on you want to drop a high hp motor in the car you wont have to re-do the chassis to handle it.

I thought about mini tubbing enough to hold a 10.5" slick but figured I might as well go all the way, it will cost the same amount anyway.

Just FYI, my 2006 NHRA rule book says IRS is NOT LEGAL for any car running under 10.99. I think it's a safety issue, and I'm all for being safe.

Yep, although most tracks looks past that I still cringe at the idea of a halfshaft breaking half track and causing a 9 second car to go airborn, hence why my car will be a solid axle from the get go.