HybridZ

Need help finding new pinion bearing R200

gearheadstik

Hey guys...i'm needing help locating a new front pinion bearing for a R200..the local dealership states that nissan discontinued the part and when i look it up on online parts distributors it keeps stating no part found...i've looked around but cant find anything...if anyone knows where one can be found or a part number it could be crossed with i would appreciate it...thanks

The R200 input bearing (Nissan PN 38335-N3100) is a Koyo type 83601A. It is a single row deep groove ball bearing with dimensions of OD = 73mm, ID = 28mm and a length of 16mm. I talked to a Koyo engineer about this bearing about a year ago and he informed me that this bearing was specifically made just for Nissan.

My suggestion would to use another bearing and have a collar machined for it so it could be used in place of the 38335-N3100 bearing. An SKF type 62/28 bearing has the dimensions of OD = 58mm, ID = 28mm and a length of 16mm. So you would require a collar with an OD of 73mm and an ID of 58mm (length of 16mm).

A quick search on http://www.napaonline.com found this BRG #BR32306' date=' cost $48.49, ships in 24 hours.

Good Luck![/quote']

I believe we are talking about the input pinion bearing for the R200. Because of the “long neck” housing the R200 (and R180) differential has three pinion bearings. The input one is a ball bearing and the other two pinion bearings are the conventional tapered roller bearing configuration.

The input bearing is special and is NLA. The two other pinion bearings are standard bearings available from Nissan or any good bearing supply store.

The reason the input bearing is special (i.e., it has a very large OD) on the R200 and not the R180 is that Nissan used a larger center pinion bearing on the R200 and it’s race has a larger OD than the R180 center bearing. Therefore, the R200 input bearing has to have a larger OD than the R180 input bearing so you can insert (and seat) the center bearing race via the front opening of the diff housing. BTW, the rear pinion bearings (one closest to the ring gear) on the R200 and R180 are the same.

Thats right...its the ball bearing or front or outer..whichever you want to call it...i have now found several forums that post the bearing cant be bought new...thank you for all the helpful info and sizing diameters...i think i'll just be using a old one out of one of my parts car rears...not new but will work. If anyone finds anything i would still be interested...thanks again