HybridZ

Help with popping noise

I just had all 4 struts replaced today hoping to fix this problem but it is still occuring so maybe yall can help. When ever I drive over the small light reflectors in the road, the left rear tire(Drivers side) make a popping noise, it is quite loud and very annoying so if anyone knows what the problem could be that would be great.

Thanks

Dustin

1974 Datsun 260z

Im pretty sure all my bushings are ok from observation, so today i pulled off the sway bar and the end links, and its still making the noise, and now im wondering if it is the Differential case mounting member/rear insulator.

Upon further observation I noticed that the bolt has a hole driled through it, so is this somewhere for grease to be pumped into it? And if so could this have anything to do with the problem?

Thanks

Dustin

:-( I had a problem with some thing like this. Turned out to be a bearing in the rear hub. My daughter had used the car and hit a curb with it and didn't tell me about it. Didn't find out about it until I started driving it. It start out with the popping sound and then went to a dragging sound. One of the bearing rollers broke out of the cage and the cage then started dragging on the race. Not a very easy problem to fix. I used the time to replace both sides.

Ok so the noise seems to be only on those small little light reflectors, and not just while driving, I am putting some pics up to see if yall notice any obvious problems, and can anyone tell me why there is a hole at the bottom of the bolt on my rear differential mounting case? in the 3rd pic. Almost like for grease to go in, sorry its so blurry but it was the best I could get.

http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10000590al.jpg

http://img388.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10000624jo.jpg

http://img388.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10000667na.jpg

After I installed stiffer springs and shocks on my 240z I would hear a popping or clatter sound when I went over small bumps such as expansion joints or reflectors. Checking the right rear strut assembly I found that the lower control arm bushings were sloppy. I replaced the inner and outer control arm bushings with MSA poly U bushings and the popping/clateraing sound is gone. I believe what happened is that the stiffer springs and shocks forced the old rubber bushings to reveal their aged and worn condition.

Miles

Two things to eliminate. Get underneath where the exhaust pipe is shown in your picture and give it a good wack with the heel of your hand and check if hitting on frame. (Mine had this)

Next check spare tire well and see if anything is loose in there.