HybridZ

West Coast vacation

cygnusx1

Well, I am signing off for a week and a half to visit the mountains of CA.

Our itinererary will be Reno,Sequoia,Yosemite, and back up to Lake Tahoe over a 12 day period. I KNOW I am going to miss driving my Z especially on some of those wild roads up in the mountains. I will be driving...drum roll please....a Hyundai Accent rental beater while the Z sleeps back on the East Coast. I should be able to give a detailed review of the Accent when I return. Everyone hold their breath right? LOL.

We will have a laptop and digital camera, so if I get connected, I'll pop in and say hi and drop a few photos.

Later!! VACATION TIME!!!

Well I am amazed at the sheer scale of size and time in these parks. Here I am at Sequoia. Now we are at Yosemite and will be moving up to Tahoe soon. So far have only seen ONE Z. A green one in great shape driving through the desert. The roads all scream ZZZZZZ.

IMG_3284s.jpg

wow. Looks like fun! why not make a cross country trip in the z?

I drove my z to florida, now i must drive it back to cali from whence it came to complete my z's journey to its home land. And then I'll drive back of course

wow did I just hijack the thread and make it about me... :oops:

The bark on those trees can grow a few feet thick. I love those trees and after seeing them back in April I found out more about their history; some are 1000 years old and I find that amazing. Makes your 30 year old Z kind of plain in comparison. On the other hand, you cannot drive a Sequoia :mrgreen:

Davy

The bark on those trees can grow a few feet thick. I love those trees and after seeing them back in April I found out more about their history; some are 1000 years old and I find that amazing. Makes your 30 year old Z kind of plain in comparison. On the other hand' date=' you cannot drive a Sequoia :mrgreen:

Davy[/quote']

if its made by toyota you can ;)

I would love to drive my Z from NY to CA. I just need to keep the Z until I am at that point in my life where I can take all that time off to enjoy the trip. I have already done it (NY-AZ-NY in a big loop) in a 1984 200SX back in college. Two friends and I did almost 8000 miles in 14 days!! We took our time.

BTW I did see a few Toyota Sequoia's in Sequoia..I thought "How cheezy is that....?"

• 2 years later...

That's my old stompin' grounds. Highway 1 is a cool drive, as long as the weathers good. If you go to LA there's an Asian botanical (sp?) garden that's worth looking at. I went there once with my Grandparents when I was a kid and would like to go back as an adult. Portland and Seattle are two of my favorite spots up here in the North West. Seattle has the Fish Market, its right down on the bay in Seattle. Its a pretty cool maze of shops, lots of fresh flowers, good food, just something cool to check out for an hour or two while your up there.