HybridZ

Is "It's a Snap" universal harnesses any good?

mull

ez2wire on ebay has a store dedicated to holding products for 3 companies or divisions of their manufacturing plant.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/American-Autowire-PowerPlus-18-Universal-Wiring-Harness_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50459QQihZ019QQitemZ8041177341

that is probably a better harness, and for one simple reason.

Detachable sections :)

work on each section as you please. repair any sections as you please. I think having a modular system is always a bonus.

• 4 months later...

so has anyone used EZ2Wire on they;re z? im about to purchase one from ebay, but i want to know peoples experiances with it first. THe price is much more appealin then painless but im wondering is the quality really that much worse?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

btw heres the link to the one i want.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EZ2Wire-Universal-Wiring-Harness-Painless-to-Install_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34206QQihZ009QQitemZ190066805756

I used the higher end version of the ez2wire and (knock on wood) haven't had any problems. Installation is fairly straight forward, I just read and then re-read the instructions. Mine came with the hookup for a GM colum switch, which I'm in the process of modifying to match up to the Datsun Combo switch. Everything was labled nicely, came with all of the hookups and parts that you would need, etc.

The only thing is that it took about 3 weeks to get to me after I purchased mine - and I got mine on ebay as well.

HTH....

Bryan

Dat240zg

I used the higher end version of the ez2wire and (knock on wood) haven't had any problems. Installation is fairly straight forward, I just read and then re-read the instructions. Mine came with the hookup for a GM colum switch, which I'm in the process of modifying to match up to the Datsun Combo switch. Everything was labled nicely, came with all of the hookups and parts that you would need, etc.

The only thing is that it took about 3 weeks to get to me after I purchased mine - and I got mine on ebay as well.

HTH....

Bryan

Dat240zg

ok thanks alot. im going to buy it. thanks alot.

HTH....

Bryan

Dat240zg

can you tell us which version, or link to it, please?

that would give us a good idea of where to start when looking for a kit/circuit count.

I bought the larger kit for a few bucks more... $135, I think... and it arrived in just five work days. Looks pretty nice but I haven't installed it yet.

HTH....

Bryan

Dat240zg

can you tell us which version, or link to it, please?

that would give us a good idea of where to start when looking for a kit/circuit count.

i dont know if we are talking about the same one but heres the one i got. 22 circuits.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EZ2Wire-Universal-Wiring-Harness-Painless-to-Install_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34206QQihZ009QQitemZ190066805756

Here's a link to the type of harness that I bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/500232-American-Autowire-Power-Plus-18-Wiring-Harness_W0QQitemZ190066139130QQihZ009QQcategoryZ42613QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Everything has been very clearly laid out, just as it says. The only real struggle has been with the Datsun wiring - half the time the colors that the different Datsun manuals call for aren't the same, and as a result, the combo switch has been a nightmare. Also, haven't had the battery hooked up yet, so I cant check the circuts. BUT! aside from that, I'll use their harnesses again for the restomod job on #248 next summer.

Bryan

• 5 months later...

A bit of history; Its-a-Snap and EZ Wiring are the same product. Its-A-Snap split up a while ago with the two partners taking seperate parts of the business.

There is a third choice for you wiring maniacs, which is American Autowire. I've used them, Painless and EZ Wiring in various projects and like the AA harness very much. That said, I just bought a 20 circuit EZ Wiring for my race car just because it's so much cheaper. Basically they are all good, but the modular approach of AA may be better for some.