HybridZ

turbo 5.0

CantZme

as of now, i have a megasquirted l28et with a t3/t4 turbo and to be honest i'm not really satisfied with the power and spool time i have, due to my low stock compression (7.4 to1) and low displacement. I have always been fond of the ford 302 blocks due to their abundance and stout bottom end. I was thinking, has anyone done a turbo 5.0 in a z? I understand that the stock heads don't flow too well so many opt for aftermarket head such as AFR and the gt40 heads. With a decent sized turbo(t-66, holset hx40), some aluminum gt40 heads, msns, wb02 and the supporting mods such as upper/lower IM, bigger tb and so on what kind of boost would this motor be able to handle. I'm guessing that 450whp should be attainable with these mods at decent boost levels with megasquirt, which would be a wild ride in a z of any year. Please correct me if i'm wrong, i have heard that the 91 302 blocks came with a forged crank and forged slugs. Please chime in if u have any relevant info as i am a newbie sbf's

We had a local "Dyno day" last weekend here in Little Rock, and 3 supercharged Cobras showed up (2 Cobras with the 5.0-one scroll type, one centrifugal, and a single 4.6L Cobra). The weakest of the three was 461 RWHP, and the strongest was 541 RWHP. I just slowly shrunk away as I watched this, thinking of my little ol' 300 RWHP. I think 18 lbs of boost was the highest being run.