HybridZ

Turbo Waste Gate Advice Needed

I have installed a GT35 turbo and Tial waste gate on my L28 and need some supply hose installation advice. I'm using a throttle body from a BMW which has a port on it's side that I would like to use for the air supply to the side port on the Tial waste gate. Will this work ok or should the air source be located father up the intake plumbing pipe and away from the throttle body?

I don't know exactly what you are asking here.

A waste gate gets a manifold vacuum/pressure signal which causes it to start opening a a preset level of boost. As the description implies, this vacuum line is to the intake manifold.

Now, if you were talking about a BOV, and are planning to recirculate air, then the large diameter output from the BOV should be routed to immediately in front of the turbo compressor intake, and the BOV should be mounted close to the front of the throttle body.

The Tail waste gate has two ports. Thier instructions say to use the top one for the boost controller and to use the other one, on the side, to "supply air from the intake manifold, before the throttle plate". Please refer to the Tail website at http://www.tialsport.com/. Then click on the "technical" tab near the top and then click on "waste gate installation diagram". Thanks for you thoughts and advice.

I am unsure which BMW TB you have but all most of the ones I have and have seen do not have any "air ports" on them...maybe coolant passages, but thats about it....you need to connect your TiAL to the intake anyway not the TB.

I am running the 67mm 735i TB on my L28ET