HybridZ

L28et fuel return line

JessZ

I'm in the process of a L28et swap into my '71Z. I've mounted and hooked up my fuel pump, and reused the original metal gas line going to the injectors. My question here is, will the smaller RETURN line that originally came on my Z be sufficient for the higher volume gas flow back into the tank?

To be nice I'll say "no", it's comvered in the swapping post in the FAQ I believe. Use the Vapor Return Line instead, it is big enough, you just return fuel through one of the 1/4 connections on the top of the tank instead of that dinky 3/16" stock return line.

Yargh! I just realized this was a cross-posted item, it was addressed similarly in the Turbo-Supercharged Forum when originally posted.

And here I thought he was getting the cold shoulder for an easily searchable item... Will John come from the Tool Shed trolling for this one? LOL

One thing I have come to learn about the z community is that there are a number of opinions on questions posed for someone.

So what I have had to do is to test various functions for myself to get the correct information.

To test the system you simply need to install the fuel pump, and the pressure regulator and run the pump. Connect the eturn line and fire off the system. Once fuel is flowing ensure that you can maintain the lowest fuel pressure you are going to run with no injectors open. This will verify that you have enough headway for the return. Then bump up the pressure and flow the system that way as well. You should be able to maintain the low fuel pressure and maintain the high volume fuel pressure and flow rates. The system will tell you if it will do that or not, and if it doesn't, then run a new line for the return.

Yake the guess work out of the equation and test the system.