HybridZ

Identify this exhaust

http://videos.streetfire.net/category/Chevrolet/0/E308BFBA-C29B-4A6B-AD74-45394A32662B.htm

I know it's an LS1, but I'm trying to get my '82 sbc to sound like this one. I'm changing my exhaust setup, so now would be a great time to do it. The only difference is most likely the camaro in the video is running duals, and mine will be a single 3" setup. However, with the same muffler, I'm assuming it should sound similar. Thanks

Joey just finished hes exhaust on his LS1 He did the same set up as I did on the LS2, Its a 3 inch going to a single 3 1/2 one resonator and a magnaflow 3 1/2 muffler.

I think they sound very nice!

We both are running mild cams and they have to do alot with the sound too.There is a video of my car running, but its inside a garage and sounds so loud,I should have some ouside video this weekend.

A sound clip would be great.

As far as internals, my cam is a .555"/.578", 236/242 roller. I'm also using a victor jr. (also have performer rpm) and holley systemax heads, so she should be able to breath decently well. I would like to use 1 3/4" primaries, but 1 5/8" will have to work. I currently have flows on it right now, but I love the way the camaro sounds in that video. If I can't find anything close, I'll probably end up with a single chamber flowmaster.

Magnaflow 18" bullet type true dual's that dump before the axle on mine. The cam is real pronounced with a good strong lope at 900 rpm. Full throttle will rock your world. I'll try to get a sound clip tomorrow on the way to work. To me the flowmasters sound like muffled cans with a little pop. The Magnaflow's are straight though and have a very deep sound to them, much better than the flowmaster in my opinion.

EDIT:

Look like it will be another day on the sound clip, the traffic was too bad to really make it scream so I'll try again tomorrow.

I've read a few flow tests on the best muffler, and flowmaster is almost always at the bottom of the list. Magnaflow is usually lingering around the top. The Dynomax Ultra Flo is supposed to be one of the best flowing which also utilizes a straight-through design. I ended up buying a flowmaster super 40 series, but I plan on running electric cutouts. Even though I don't like the design of the electric cutouts, I still think the exhaust would flow better versus having to go through the flowmaster. I would like manual cutouts better, but they would be such a PITA since I have to jack up the car every time I want to access them.