HybridZ

It's alive!

Forrest

Last week I fired it up on jackstands with MS v3.0, and it cranked immediately on the very first try. Seems to be running ok!

Bled the clutch today, fired it up, drove it around the block and then to the Louisiana Z club meeting. Only problem is that AZ-Z brakes seem awful hard to bleed. I'm going to bleed them again, but I am having trouble getting all the air out...using the 79 280zx MC.

side.jpg

(I think this is my new sig!)

Have to go get all the adjustable suspension aligned before I can really tune it. I have ridiculous camber right now.

I officially have a problem with my brakes/booster - I bled the master and then the brakes again and there was zero air in them. I guess it's the reaction disc or the check valve, or the booster has some other problem. I was so ridiculously careful not to move the rod when I replaced the MC, I can't believe it's the reaction disc, but I guess I have to take it off tonight and see. I wonder if it's possible to take the booster off without disconnecting the hardlines from the master.

I would have tried last night but the roaches always attack at about 11-11:30pm. I usually take a few down and then retreat into the house. I'm running low on carb cleaner and brake parts cleaner and last night I had to resort to aircraft stripper, which doesn't have any range.

Well it's definitely not on the road yet, I can't drive it like this.

It's not the reaction disc - took the MC off and pulled the rod out, it was still in place. I manually bled the brakes for another 2 hours tonight per AZ-Dave's suggestion. I can't tell if it made a difference or not, maybe. Really really tiny bubbles were coming out, but you couldn't have seen them normally, I had a bright light 3" from the hose. I put an entire pint through one of the calipers and they still came out.

Pedal is still not nearly as firm as it should be. Ordered (another) brand new master.

Anyone else with aftermarket brakes have a problem pressure bleeding? The pressure bleeder has always worked great - I don't pump it up past 6psi or so. The pedal in my stock car is perfect after pressure bleeding, and it takes literally less than 10 minutes to do the entire car, including removing/replacing the wheels.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using the stock 2qt wiper fluid bottle. The only thing that annoys me is that I just found the wiper bottle from my 280zxt parts car, and it's 3qt and fits in the factory mounting location and just barely has enough room between the masters to fit.

If I end up running out of fluid way too fast, maybe I'll take the sending unit and and fitting out of my bottle and stick it into that one. But from talking to you guys and some other people I know running alcohol injection, it doesn't sound like its going to be an issue.