HybridZ

ok you bought that new compressor and find it won,t keep up

ok you bought that new compressor and find it won,t keep up with the tools air flow demands,, now that makes you crazy, when you need to stop all the time, lets assume your tool requires a 22 cfm at 90PSI

your current compressor maxs out at 10-11 psi at 90psi so your constantly needing to stop and let the pressure build back up, obviously you need a larger compressor......

example

this compressor will fill your needs Model TF2912

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?CNTTYPE=PROD_META&MID=9876&com.broadvision.session.new=Yes&CNTKEY=misc%2fsearchResults.jsp

above is a compressor that supplies 25 cfm.......but at $1600, its hardly cheap,

now this is where alittle thought goes a long way..

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?CNTTYPE=PROD_META&MID=9876&com.broadvision.session.new=Yes&CNTKEY=misc%2fsearchResults.jsp

heres a compressor for $429 Model CL7006016 that puts out 11 CFM, simple math says two of them put out 22 cfm, have a reserve of 120 cubic feet VS 80 for the more expensive single compressor and 14 hp vs lord knows what, plus if hooked to a distribution manifold Id bet the two compressors would cost less at $860 VS $1600 and work FAR better

I don,t know about other shops but my last shop had two 80 galon 8 hp compressors that fed the same 1" air line that circled the shop with chucks located about every 10 feet,and they worked just fine, while its true that one compressor tended to kick in first 90% of the time they both kicked in after any significant pressure drop and there was no interferance I ever detected in over 10 years, with only minor repairs to both compressors. but we changed oil about once a month and drained the compressors tanks several TIMES EACH DAY

as soon as money allows Ill have two again

now they make dual compressors

http://www.industrial-air-compressors.com/air-compressor-7.html

168070079.jpg

but at over $3000 I think youll be certified INSANE to go that route vs the dual compressor route

"btw, your links go to pages with garden furniture and generators."

yeah the site won,t allow a dirrect link but I posted the part numbers, put those in and it comes up, while Id agree that $1100 for 22 cfm at 175psi is very good you could get that 22 cfm for less, and darn few tools use over 120psi

yeah, I know, and your suggestion is a great idea. I might have even done it if I didn't have this one already, but I have decided where tools come into play, for now on,

Buy the highest quality I can afford, and if its a little out of the price range, wait and buy it anyway. No more Harbor Freight junk for me or other low quality stuff, as it always costs more in the end.

In my powdercoating business, I blow dry a lot of steel parts after phosphating them, and the new compressor can kick in, refill the tank and catch up and shut off in the time it takes to blow dry 3 brake mouting brackets, plus its purple!

I'm now in the market for a quality abrasive blasting cabinet, any suggestions?