HybridZ

350Z and Murano sound

cygnusx1

u think thats bad...just imagine living around a bunch of rich cornell students with their FX35s...lol...

Hey, I'll be in Ithaca next week. Anything worth checking out over there?

As for the exhaust note, I wouldn't mind sounding like a 350Z if I owned a Murano but if I had a 350Z I would probably want a deeper sounding exhaust. Anyone know if the Quest minivan sounds the same :-)

To me the 350Z and the G35 sound is too high-pitched. Even in a parking lot under no load, they sound like they are revving high. It just sounds un-natural to me. I like the sound, it's just that the sound doesn't match what you see. Kind of like High-Pitch Eric.

Here's how mine currently sounds. Nismo y-pipe, 3" back with a turbo muffler of some sort, exiting out the right rear. Microphone is sticking out the back hatch, thus the excessive noise. Car sounds great inside, not too loud or resonating on the highway.

Guest l28et

Cygnusx1 - I agree. I don't like the way they sound either. Nissan should have used the RB30. The 350Z, while nice, seems so damn generic. "Lets take this Maxima/Murano/Altima/FX35/G35/etc motor and stuff it into our new Z."

Here it comes.. "well the VG30E/DE was used in the other cars as well as the Z." - But from the VG30ET(1984) to the VG30DETT(1989) least they had a turbo version. The VQ might be a good motor, but WHY did Nissan go to V6 with the Z31? It still makes no sense to me. Sure they use the RB20 in some Z31s, but all the while the Z32 was in production, no RB25/26/etc.

Were I head of Nissan at the time, the Z32 would have had the RB25DET/RB26DETT. RWD. The GTR could have kept the AWD, high tech stuff. But that would have distinguished the cars motors: Inlines = performance, V = other.

I don't know... while the G35/Z33 is a cool car all around, it seems "fake" - Sound included. Would I drive one? You know it. Would I buy an S2000 over it? You know it.

$.02