HybridZ

Fluid to use with LSD?

Drftn280zxt

Okay I just had Leith280zlt1 install 3.90gears and a Precision Gear powerbrute 2-way LSD into my R200. Would you reccommend Royal Purples MAX GEAR synthetic oil for this setup. Consider that this differential could and probably will be subjected to the stresses that drifting, and autox offer.

Or would a non synthetic oil be better.

I am still kinda a newb when comes to picking the right fluids. The Precision Gear person I talked to didn't seem to confident in synthetics.

What is your opinion?

I know I need something with a GL-5 or higher rating as per the Precision Gear person.

Any old fluid will work, just add limited slip additive that's available from your local auto parts store.

If you want to spend some extra cash, I use SWEPCO 201. Search on google and you'll find it, it runs about $45/gal last time I checked.

I'd go synthetic just because. You've put a lot of $$, time and effort into the set up so why scrape by now? The benefits of synthetic are marginal but if trying to extract the most efficency out of your car synthetic is the way to go.

PLUG I work for Castrol ;) and get all my oil free except we don't have gear oil on the display rack in my office. In my Scarab and V-8 Z (LSD unit) I run Redline fluid with the friction reducer as stated by Jim.