HybridZ

Just moved to New England

Guest el Jefe

Guest el Jefe

Hey all, just moved from CA to CT. I was wondering if anyone is in or knows of a Z car club out here? I don't know a soul out here, so any help would be great.

Guest TegRacer324

Whethersfield huh? Take a ride over to the Berlin Turnpike on a Fri or Sat night. Haha plenty of cars out there (A lot of rice, but there's a couple guys that float around with really nice cars)

Guest el Jefe

Thanks, for some reason I couldn't find zcca just doing a basic search and I couldn't remember the site. Really wanted a recommendation, but I will just have to do some calling around and visit some local clubs other than Z as well.

Guest el Jefe

Cool deal! I hope to have all my stuff put into storage by Friday, but I would most likely have to cruise in a rental (maybe park and ride with someone). My Pathfinder is in transit and I am woking on a deal getting my 280Z (still in CA) to McKinney Motorsport for RB motor/trans mount measurements. I still don't know if I will be able to find a decent Z over here on the East Coast for around $2K, preferably under. If I find one soon I can decide to trade it to McKinney for parts, if not keep it and get a discount on parts. I don't really care about the engine and interrior as long as the chassis/body are straight and pretty much rust free. If anyone knows of one, please let me know. I'll PM my cell to EvilC and coordinate for this weekend. I just hope we are not house hunting Sunday...

Guest el Jefe

Thanks guys, nice to see there is a good show of Z guys out this way and welcoming. I plan planting some roots here, so I hope to meet up with all of you some time or another.

It's kinda weird I didn't see some of your replies till this morning... I read each reply post, but I swear they weren't there a few days ago or yesterday, when it says you posted.

TegRacer324- I guess Hooters on the Berlin Turnpike has a cruise night on Friday. I'll try and go since I live less than a mile away, we live between there and Silas Deane Hwy... if my wife will let me, hahah. You going to be around?

Savageskaterkid- Too bad you won't have the Z, but hey, that's not the important part. I'll PM you my cell, maybe we can meet up for a bit.

Airjockie- Couldn't access the webpage ctdrift.com. I'll see about Hubbard park for Sat, I think I can swing that easier than going down to Bear Mountain.

Guest TegRacer324

Probably not this Friday, but I believe it's every other friday so maybe the next one. Keep heading down the road. That's where the real bullshit goes on haha. Actually the BK down the road has a show every sat I beleieve could be Friday. It's a lot of the same guys, but they have some nice stuff there.

Oh yeah I forgot to say I live about 15-20 minutes down 84E from where you are in a town next to Manchester.

the pike this year is getting nasty towards imports and rice...it seems the only people the cops don't harrass is the domestic old school cars and harley riders....everything else seems like kids are getting tickets just chilling in parking lots...hell...I want to just sell my honda stuff because they want to throw the kids in prison if they are caught streetracing....and if my CRX was on the road...it's imposible to not want to race it...CT is getting more like cali every year....:-(

Guest el Jefe

I'll be sure to remember that and bring my pickup instead of my Z when they get here for those cruises. That project is nearly done, just needs paint, interrior, and new wood for the bed.

Guest TegRacer324

Airjockie you used to be on Clubsi right?

I dunno I've honestly had good luck at the Pike. Been pulled over twice, but for dumb crap and both got thrown out. Now Hartford on the other hand don't even get me started and I don't even race.