HybridZ

I'm running 205-50-17's and am looking to change to a 215/45-17 for a lower profile. I tried a 235/40-17, and it rubbed like the dickens when you would wrap the wheel. From what I could tell, it was hitting the front part of the outside fender, but it was hard to tell exactly.

Thanks good info , I have 17x7 rims with 40mm+ offset , so I'm looking at 1.5" spacers , Now it seems that 225/45/17 are fairly popular as far as I can tell, they are approx 25" in diameter, a 225/50/17 is aprox 26", just .5" more sidewall on radius, I just thought it would fill the wheel well and could lower the car .5" to tuck the wheel closer to the top of the wheel well and still have the same ground clearance I installed my front coilovers and it looks like I need to section them to get the correct bump travel , I thought I'd get my spacers and tires mounted to see what I have before I start cutting struts............ my head hurts:willy_nil

The black primer car is running Motorsports lowering springs, the V8 car has GC coilovers. The black car is nearing completion, it will have a much more stealth look when completed. It now has my SS style hood and a modified MSA type II aero front.