HybridZ

New guy here..

Hey guys im a newb to this forum. Ive been wanted to get a Z for a while now so hopefully I can find one on here. I currently have a couple early 90's se-r's and im in need of a new project :mrgreen: . Anyway just introducing myself, im on a few other forums and I will use the SEARCH function before asking any retarded questions. Thanks -Adam

Hey guys im a newb to this forum. Ive been wanted to get a Z for a while now so hopefully I can find one on here. I currently have a couple early 90's se-r's and im in need of a new project :mrgreen: . Anyway just introducing myself, im on a few other forums and I will use the SEARCH function before asking any retarded questions. Thanks -Adam

Welcome!

I have a 73 240Z for sale right now, I will take that sr20det se-r on a trade...

Welcome!

I have a 73 240Z for sale right now' date=' I will take that sr20det se-r on a trade...[/quote']

Yes unfortunatly if I start a Z project I will be forced to get rid of my det.. Im picky of my color though I really want a silver 240-280, but if you have any pics of yours I would still be interested in taking a look. Thanks for the quick response!

How about someone with an extra running Z trade me it and I'll paint their other Z.. :mrgreen:

Sorry, off topic. Welcome. This is about the most knowledgable place you'r gonna find. EXCELLENT looking SE-R. What kind of times do those little buggers run? (DET swapped).

How about someone with an extra running Z trade me it and I'll paint their other Z.. :mrgreen:

Sorry' date=' off topic. Welcome. This is about the most knowledgable place you'r gonna find. EXCELLENT looking SE-R. What kind of times do those little buggers run? (DET swapped).[/quote']

Well I havnt taken it to the track but ive dynoed & weighed it at 213whp 195tq (at stock 7psi) and weight is at 2340 lbs. Im trying to get it under 2300. It should be in the mid to low 13's

My friend had one with that body style, and he got the GTi-R pulsar DET swap with a fwd us-spec SE-R tranny. Top mount intercooler (now belongs to me), factory ITB's, no exhaust after the turbo, and an ACT unsprung 6-puck clutch. Cheesy prime chrome wheels with some drag radials got him a 12.98 in the quarter mile. I'm convinced that some attention to ducting, or even a front mount along with some suspension mods would have made for a faster car, but what are you going to do, right?

I saw a pair of DET powered SE-R's at Beach Bend earlier this year when I took the SHO down there (to be disappointed and learn I cant launch it worth a damn =/). They were look-a-likes, one black, one red, same rims, same hood, the whole deal, was kind cool. They both ran 12.7's all day.

I didnt get a chance to talk to them though and see what all they had, all i got was that they were both DET'd.

I want an SE-R, I was very impressed with them, they look like a blast to drive. Yours is sharp man, very clean.

SR20 swap a Z =]

By the way, is that a bluebird swap, or a pulsar swap? That intercooler doesn't look the same as the one I've got...

Mine is a blue bird turbo set-up. The motor is the stock usdm that came with the car. The gti-r's have t28's as oposed to my lil baby t25, the pulsars have a crazy looking vented hood which is the reason for the larger ic. I dont recall if anyone has fit a gti-r ic under the hood of a sentra with out doing any cutting...

The car mine came from had a hole cut out. Problem was, he didn't bother to use a scoop or duct of any kind, so I'm pretty sure it was an interHEATER after a few minutes of driving. Even with all that he still had a 12.98 sec pass in the 1/4 mile, so go figure...There was a real live Pulsar GTi-R creeping around tampa for awhile...talk about an ugly car full of good parts...This same guy's brother has a 98 sentra with the same bluebird turbo components as you, only he's using a JWT front mount. His car will spin tires in 4th gear from flooring the gas-not even dropping the clutch. Feels really fast.

the pulsars have a crazy looking vented hood which is the reason for the larger ic
For the record, I suspect the intercooler is the reason for the crazy looking vented hood, but that's neither here nor there...

For the record' date=' I suspect the intercooler is the reason for the crazy looking vented hood, but that's neither here nor there...[/quote']

Just giving you some basics, I dont know how much you guys know or dont know about the newer nissan espicially ones from the UK. :icon45:

After a good 45 min or more of driving I will notice my ic getting to hot even with a scoop. I only drive my car once a week so it dosnt bother me to much. I would never suggest a tmic for anything daily driven.

Here's a picture of the intercooler in question for anyone that doesn't know what we're talking about, with an N42 cylinder head thrown in for scale. This is a little tableau from a play that I like to call: "The fastest closet in Tampa" :

DSCI0001.jpg

And here it is with the end tank chrome cover removed:

DSCI0003.jpg

and here is a picture of the hood in question:

1990Pulsar_gtir_03_01.jpg

*edit* Just some trivia: that intercooler cost me $40, the garrett t-04 cost me $50 (bought local from friends), and the ssautojunk wastegate you see there cost me $100 off ebay.

Just giving you some basics, I dont know how much you guys know or dont know about the newer nissan espicially ones from the UK. :icon45: .

you will find that someone here ALWAYS knows. Its amazing the sort of seemingly random information these guys come up with. I am a participating member of probably 50 different automotive forums from euro cars to american cars to whatever.. and this is by far, hands down the best online community there is. These guys are fantastic. If you ask a semi- redundant question they answer it, they dont beat the crap out of you. The only one you have to watch out for is alex (auxillary).. but he more than makes up for it with his off-topic additions. one time i made the mistake of challenging him to a funny pictures match, needless to say i lost.. but what he doesnt know is im building my library and coming back again lol! Anyway, these guys can answer questions about Z's, cars, airplanes, diesel motors.. im telling you it does not matter. alot of guys from this forum are some type of ex-engineer. like if you went to 240sx forums and saw a thread "cummins diesel in my 240?" people would laugh, here.. take it seriously.. someone is really probably about to do it. And also, if John C gives you any advice.. listen.