HybridZ

John's Cars LS1 mounts - Corner weights & design Q?

Anyone ever corner weighted their LS1 powered Z with the John's mounts? I wondering how good the engine placement is in terms of weight distribution. Their site says they gained 30 lbs total and all on the back end but wondering what others have seen - especially side to side. I asked John if the engine is offset to the right and he said it is but had no idea how much.

On a slightly different note I have a design question with these mounts. Is there a reason they need to sandwhich between the crossmember and the frame? I really dont like this aspect and think it would be better to cut off the wings that go under the framerail and just weld them directly to the motor mount towers? Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Cameron

Correct - my car was the source of the infromation on the JCI website.

Let me fill in some more numbers:

1977 280Z - 3/4 tank of fuel, spare tire, jack, full interior with AC, L28 & T5 with an MSA aero kit - 1400 lbs front, 1400 lbs rear.

Same parameters but with LS1 & T56 with LSD version of the R200 -

- 1400 lbs front, 1430 lbs rear.

At one point John weighed all four corners of the car and it actually was about 130 lbs heavier on the passenger side - battery, fuel tank location, etc - with the LS1 & T56.

The driver weight - per the same truck scales I weighed the car on - is distributed 25% front and 75% rear ( with the seat in the full back position) so even if a car starts out 51% front and 49% rear it will rear bias with the driver in it.