HybridZ

Methanol prices

Forrest

Hey - anyone that's running pure methanol in an alcohol injection system, I was wondering how much you usually have to pay per gallon, and where you purchase it.

Also, when I was researching this several years ago, I read about a new type of lubricant to add to methanol to combat it's corrosive properties. I'm having trouble finding any references to it...if you happen to know what I'm talking about, please let me know.

Thanks!

I can't say for sure the cost per gallon is but I think friend of mine pays around $5 a gal. Also we found out that VP is the only one safe to use without blowing up the injection pump. I hope that helps.

Sorry man, you lost me, VP? And are you talking about the stock fuel pump? I won't be running any methanol through the regular gas lines.

Thanks 510six - it's the Klotz "Uplon" Fuel Lube that I was trying to find. Now I just have to find a local place that sells their stuff. They don't have any distributors or retailers on their website...where did you buy yours?

Sorry man' date=' you lost me, VP? And are you talking about the stock fuel pump? I won't be running any methanol through the regular gas lines.

[/quote']

VP gas brand stuff and no Im not talking about the stock pump. I'm talking about the pump that comes with the meth injection kit will and have seen fail due to the additive in the methnol.

Also we found out that VP is the only one safe to use without blowing up the injection pump. I hope that helps.

Dont know if VP is the only one, but it is the one I use and pay $3.39/gal. I imagine buying a drum could be considerably less expensive but I just do not use enough of it to justify storing a drum.