HybridZ

body work done..but not on my z...

phantaz

Here's a few pics of my 68 camaro that im working on tandem with my z's.. not that my z's will ever be done though =0) Its a 68 with a RS front end.. 327 4speed. has the RS back seat that folds down with carpet on the back ..dont have the match luggage though. this is SO NOT a numbers matching car.

Learned most of my bodyworking on my ZX when i painted it so this is my next project so i can sell it and put the money into my other Z. sigh.. too many cars, not enough money.

it is kinda funny though.. the oldest running car i have is my 77z and it has the least milage.. as soon as i tag and get my camaro running it will be the oldest and with the least milage... something wrong there i think lol

Im thinking of painting the 68 yellow with black strips cause it will look sharp and the lighter colors will hide the flaws better. any thoughts??? Anyone with photoshopping skills feel free to color it out =) maybe it will give me some ideas.

Some pics right before primering..

7-1-2006-22small.jpg

7-1-2006-20small.jpg

7-1-2006-18small.jpg

7-1-2006-07small.jpg

7-1-2006-04small.jpg

7-1-2006-02small.jpg

7-1-2006-01small.jpg

7-31-2006-1.jpg

The drivers door was caved in most of the length and my Dad did most of the work.. old fart is pretty good.

7-31-2006-2.jpg

the back lower fender right behind the rear wheel was rotted through so i tacked up some mild sheet metel from the window valance of a z to it lol so i guess there is some hybridZ in it =0)

7-31-2006-3small.jpg

7-31-2006-4small.jpg

was about 107 in that damn garage when we finally finished spraying the primer.

The holes in the deck lid are for the originally tailpiece. had a shock when i took it off though. the camaro badging was gone and the HOLES were still there with out the rubber grommets that go in it.. that explains the water in the trunk lol My first attempt at welding was taking a 110 wire feed welder and filling in the holes and grinding them smooth.. i think im liking the wirefeed once i get the feel of speed and temp to what im working with.

Looks like a pretty nice car. The Camaro will always be worth more than the Z, so as an investment you're going the "wrong way." However, investments aside, this sounds like a good way to get some serious dollar for your Z :D

The Camaro looks good. I have always liked the look of them, even through the early '70's. I have seen the prices get completely stupid over the past decade, which has turned me off of them. I doubt most sell close to their asking prices on Craigslist, etc., so I shine them on. Someday, if I still want one, I'll be bargain shopping like I do on just about everything else, or I'll win the Lotto and buy a Copo Camaro or something like that without batting an eye.

Keep up the good work!

Davy

paint it white with black stripes (might even do matte black stripes) white will hide any body work really well. nice looking camaro though.

2l.jpg

1l.jpg

Im liking the matte black idea.. was watching someshow last nite about a guy who rebuilds busted up muscle cars then resells them at auctions ... had a wicked blue with flat black strips.. was called a SMC for supermusclecar and is out of corona, Ca. only caught part of it. im going to try to find pics of it later.

Nice work...

A few years ago I had a '68 Camaro with a 396 (4 bolt block) 2 - 4's, Weiand high rise intake, roller rockers, etc, etc...that was originally white like that... It was primered black and then sold ( women :rolleyes: )

When the car was sold I kept looking between the cash in my hand and the car driving away :(

Kinda wish I had kept it.

It wasn't an RS or have a front end like that.... but I still liked it..