HybridZ

Appreciate the Help

Guys:

I stumbled across your forum last fall by accident when looking for ZX conversion info. Been reading it regularly since, and thanks to everyone for all the excellent general info, and especially those ZX guys who have provided so much valuable/practical advice. I've had my 83 "ZX" since 3K miles and have always liked the look and handling but, but have driven it less and less over the years due to Honda Civic like performance. I recently dropped in a fastburn 385/700R4 using the MSA mounts (they are in stock now). I still have lots of challenges left, but thanks to you guys I have some reasonable idea as to which direction I might go to solve some of the problems that will ineveitably be there! My only problem at this point is having the patientice to wait until I can finish up, get it out, and mash the motor!

Dan

quote:

Originally posted by danc:

My only problem at this point is having the patientice....Dan

Dan,

Well Dan, you're further than I am; about patience....I didnt think anyone here had patience except maybe "10 Years Pete".

Get it finished & then go kick some Honda Butt!

Kevin

(Yes, Still an Inliner?)

John, if you are refering to my car as a masterpiece, that is a nice compliment. Thanks!

Like I keep saying, it's a hobby, not a car (to me). I've had so much fun doing stuff just the way I wanted to (most of the time) on the car.

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project

pparaska@home.com

Pete's V8 Datsun 240Z Pages

"11 Years Pete"

Didnt mean to steal a year from you. Yes your car is a "Work of Art". Everytime I look at it I still cant believe that someone is going to drive it. It looks like a Museum Restoration.

You do have more patience than I; I'm more into the Instant Gratification Swap...I could never build a car to look like that!

Seriously; your car is so clean it looks like you could eat off it!

Again, "11 Years Patient Pete" didnt mean to steal a year from you!

Kevin,

(Yes,Still an Inliner)

Pete, I second/third that motion that your car is a rolling masterpiece. It's so good, you could use it exclusively as a show car/trailer queen, but I'm sure you will NEVER let that happen will you? smile.gif

David

Yes, I'll drive it and hard. I'm an incurable lead foot. And I like powersliding around corners. And I'll drive it 500 miles to Kingston. I couldn't believe it when my wife asked if I was going to trailer/tow it! I built it for long drives and fun.

If it gets dirty or chipped, oh well. I'll clean it and/or fix it.

If it gets bent, I'll fix it or find another shell. Most of the work is what I put INTO the shell. Sure subframe connectors and cage/rollbar woud have to be redone, but it's only a car!

"11 year Pete"