HybridZ

wheel calculation assistance help please!

okay if someone can just confirm this setup is okay that woudl be great. i think it shoudl work but better safe then sorry.

im gonna get 17x7 4x100 +40 offset with 215x40x17 tires all around. with 32mm adapters with a 7mm spacer which comes out to: 1.259+ .275= 1.535inches

I have stock brakes and fenders.

Think this will work?

I can also get a +38 offset or different size tires. Tell me what you guys think.

that adapter and spacer combo will correct the offset to +1mm, which will work fine. that will give you 4" of backspace (including the .5" for the lip this time), about the same as what I've got on my car (in fact, these would be pretty close to working without the extra spacer-I'd try them first before you buy those). The +38mm may work better without the 7mm spacers though, so you might think about that since I know you said cost was an object on a previous thread. What wheels did you decide to use?

In theory your offset should work out to +1 mm which is close enough to stock (zero) to not matter. Your backspace should be ok too with the stock suspension (I have 16x7 zero offset panasports that don't rub with 225/50-16 rubber).

But ... I wouldn't want to run both adapters AND spacers with 17" rims. I think keeping everything trued up so you don't have any runout will be tough, especially as you put some miles on your rims and they get deformed.

I'd be more concerned about your tire diameter. You're going to be about 1.2" smaller than stock, which will make your speedometer read 5% high. You have to decide if the smaller-than-stock diameter is what you want. It will be a harsher ride than you currently have, and a large pothole WILL bend or damage your rim if you hit it straight on. That thin rubber band look is not my first choice, but I know many who like that look on a Z. Plus you get an immediate 5% improvement in your final drive ratio, meaning a little better acceleration off the line.

Just a few things to consider...

I had a typo I ment to say 225/45/17 if that makes a difference.

hmm So veritech if i get +38 I won't need the 7mm adapters?

Zmanco, I am looking for that thin rubber look. In terms of the 5% higher speedometer my speedometer jumps anyway haha. but what would make it pretty small to not notice? does the 45 help?

Thanks very much for the help. Im an eager kid trying to rebuild a z with that modern touch :)

I'm not sure if that tire will work. I tried a 235/40-17 I believe it was on a 17X7, and it would rub for sure during 3-point parking maneuvers.

Where are you getting the spacers? that's about 1.25", if you get a 1.5" like I've got I know for a fact the +38mm will work without the extra spacer since that's what I'm using...

I'm not sure if that tire will work. I tried a 235/40-17 I believe it was on a 17X7' date=' and it would rub for sure during 3-point parking maneuvers.

[/quote']

Their gonna rub???? ahhh i thought i could fit 17x7 on ahhh. this is totally killing me lol. I gettinggg my stuff from http://www.technotoytuning.com/products/wheel_adapters.html

How did other people fit 17x7 on?? http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=113122&page=2 if you go down a bit you see a blue zx with 17x7 and 225/45/17

I had a typo I ment to say 225/45/17 if that makes a difference.
It makes a big difference to your diameter in that now you're a calculated 0.1" smaller than stock. That's completely insignificant.

Depending on how soft your rear springs are, and which brand of tire you choose, you may have some small rubbing between the outer edge of the tire and the inner lip of the rear fender when going over big bumps/dips. The tire width number, 225 in this case, is the maximum width of the tire, not the width of the tread. The old 215 Goodyears I took off were just as wide as the 225 Yokohamas I put on.

Those wheels do look pretty sharp! But what's up with the 8 holes for the wheel studs?

hmm okay so im lookin at basicly 225/45/17? (depending on the brand) I have KONI shocks on. (I know nothing about suspension lol Im an electronics guy). Otherwise its all stock suspension.

the 8 holes are there because it can be mounted on a 4x100 or a 4x114.3 i believe.

oh i didnt see your spreadsheet. Let me take a look at that. I thought that the 280zx and the 240z were different in terms of offsets and stuff. On Modern motorsports the 240z and 280zx adapters are different. and I belivee the wheel well on the zx is bigger but let me take a look

no i didnt actually. I plugged in all my sound info into a calculator for SPL and thats what it came out to. lol you have NO idea how loud it is. i swear my rear window is going to shatter. like i said, im a electronics guy lol. ive been pulled over about 5 times but still no tickets so im good! i actually calculated it again with my new set up and its only 140.8

http://www.myhometheater.homestead.com/splcalculator.html

but still thats crazy loud i only have 400 watts going into it too!

thanks for your help btw

Rear: i run a 265/35/18 tire on an 18X9.5 wheel (tire is streched a little)

Front: 225/40/18 (streched a bit more than the rear) tire on 18x8 wheel with a 35mm adapter/spacer

no problem in the front whatsoever

Rear i had to roll the fender lip, big baseball bat works good.

Also, i dont think i could go bigger than 265 tire because im useing tokico 4" dia. springs.... i will be going to coil overs then i can run a 295 tire..

Edit: MSA said i couldnt fit those rims & tires, but i machined my own wheel adapters and showed them!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2314369