HybridZ

Steering wheel adapter compatibility

nope

this question may be very simple to answer, im wondering whether a steering wheel hub adapter from a newer car is compatible with the 240z steering column, something like the 240sx or similar. i need a cheap steering wheel and im looking on ebay. i have a grant wheel hub, but its 5 bolt pattern, looks like the common universal is 6 bolt. any suggestions?

an example

yeah i saw those. just trying to stay on the cheap side and get wheel, hub, and quick release for like 85 shipped.. which they have, but not specifically for the 240z, thats why i was wondering about compatibility.

damn i should just have the quick release acceptor welded on..

hey thanks, i just re-read it. damn its funny how you can ALWAYS look back at yourself and be like what a noob. been working on this car way too long for still having not driven it. thanks for the compliments. im planning on updating my picasa albums with commentary.

• 1 year later...

Bringing this up from the dead. I have the same question. I have a universal steering wheel on it's way. Would a Grant adapter work? Something I can just pick up from the local parts store? Or better yet...a cheap eBay one? Key word Cheap, I just want something in there so I can mock up my guages for when I build my dash. Don't want crooked guages, or the steering wheel blocking them...gotta love the non-adjustability of the 'ole Z's