HybridZ

Did I make everyone angry... or am I just stoopid???

Guest Mike

Mike, I share some of your frustrations. I've repaired and maintained my own vehicles since day one so that I could afford to have a car. The first was a '57 Chrysler that I got for $75.00 because it had a bad transmission. Changed the cast iron monster on my back with nothing but 2X4 blocking. (I think that was about the last trans Chrysler tried to cool with fins on the outside of the converter... mine got a radiator cooler right quick). I've forgotten much of what I've read and never been a racer, so true engine building is a challenge.

But I digress; you mentioned brain function. I've read a theory on the net that is beguiling... It is generally accepted that predators, diseases and such prey mainly on the slow and weak. It has also been reported that the brain does, in fact, tend to repair itself. Combine these two things with the knowledge that bathing one's brain in alcohol kills a few grey cells with each bath, and logic presents a solution to our dilemma: BEER. (Sierra Nevada Harvest Ale, thank you). Kill the weak ones, and build a faster, more functional brain by retaining the quick strong cells and adding a few young ones. Even if adding young ones is over rated, just working with the survivors (presumably quicker/stronger) should speed things up by eliminating the slower pathways.

Your results and tolerance may vary.:wink:

<>

Mike, I think it's clear that in this case nobody had the experience with these ignition systems that you were looking for. LS1 240Z, blatantly calling people stupid for not searching is definitely counterproductive, but so is asking if anyone knows how to install a V8 in a Z car. If you're picky with your search terms you'll get better results. Yes, there is a lot of crap to weed through, but there are also some incredibly valuable posts buried in the archives.

Couple of suggestions for everyone:

1. Put a good title on your posts. "Couple questions" or "I'm confused" isn't going to help the next guy looking for the same info you are. If this post were called "Accel 500+ and Accel 375+ questions" it would be better for the next guy looking.

2. Search before you ask. Yes, search before you ask. It's part of the rules for a reason people. If you don't, then not only will you catch a bunch of flak, but you've added another useless post to the pile, making it harder for the next guy to search.

3. If you want opinions, ask for opinions.

4. If a post doesn't state that they're asking for opinions, then assume it is asking for facts. If you want to respond and you're not sure of your facts, don't write your response as though it were fact. Preface your response with "this is a guess" or "I think" or "I'm pretty sure". In general though if you're not sure, let someone who IS sure respond.

Just think if everyone searched and the same topic wasn't covered 1,000,000 times. Then there might be fewer and more valid threads for any particular issue, and when you did search you might find what you were looking for. :wink: Fewer threads doesn't mean that we're less friendly people. It means that we don't have as much waste. Being efficient, accurate, and friendly should be our goal here. If you just want to chat with other like minded people, try the chat room or the non-tech board.

posted by LS1 240Z

what i hate is everones snap reactions on this board to call people stupid and to tell them to use the search function right away. i HATE that, if someone wanted a FAQ sheet they wouldnt want interaction from other people in the hoby and their personal experiences and suggestions.

You're a fairly new member here. When you've seen "How much does it cost to put a 350 in a Z?" and "What are the biggest tires I can put on my Z?" or "When I put my turbo'd blown NOS'd 500 inch LS in my Z will I need to reinforce the frame?" a few hunded times each, you will understand repetitive searchless questions that waste Dan's bandwidth.

Mike, I'm not an ignition expert, but look into the top MSD digital units. I think they offer the features you desire.

John

Mike' date=' I share some of your frustrations. I've repaired and maintained my own vehicles since day one so that I could afford to have a car. The first was a '57 Chrysler that I got for $75.00 because it had a bad transmission. Changed the cast iron monster on my back with nothing but 2X4 blocking. (I think that was about the last trans Chrysler tried to cool with fins on the outside of the converter... mine got a radiator cooler right quick). I've forgotten much of what I've read and never been a racer, so true engine building is a challenge.

But I digress; you mentioned brain function. I've read a theory on the net that is beguiling... It is generally accepted that predators, diseases and such prey mainly on the slow and weak. It has also been reported that the brain does, in fact, tend to repair itself. Combine these two things with the knowledge that bathing one's brain in alcohol kills a few grey cells with each bath, and logic presents a solution to our dilemma: BEER. (Sierra Nevada Harvest Ale, thank you). Kill the weak ones, and build a faster, more functional brain by retaining the quick strong cells and adding a few young ones. Even if adding young ones is over rated, just working with the survivors (presumably quicker/stronger) should speed things up by eliminating the slower pathways.

Your results and tolerance may vary.:wink:

<>[/quote']

I like this theory. It sounds a bit like chemo-therapy, which does pretty much the same thing to renegade cells only is more damaging and hardly any fun unlike good ol' beer:smile:

The great thing about forgetting is not remembering what we forgot. Did I remember to order pizza with that beer:confused:

Mike' date=' I think it's clear that in this case nobody had the experience with these ignition systems that you were looking for. LS1 240Z, blatantly calling people stupid for not searching is definitely counterproductive, but so is asking if anyone knows how to install a V8 in a Z car. If you're picky with your search terms you'll get better results. Yes, there is a lot of crap to weed through, but there are also some incredibly valuable posts buried in the archives.

Couple of suggestions for everyone:

1. Put a good title on your posts. "Couple questions" or "I'm confused" isn't going to help the next guy looking for the same info you are. If this post were called "Accel 500+ and Accel 375+ questions" it would be better for the next guy looking.

2. Search before you ask. Yes, search before you ask. It's part of the rules for a reason people. If you don't, then not only will you catch a bunch of flak, but you've added another useless post to the pile, making it harder for the next guy to search.

3. If you want opinions, ask for opinions.

4. If a post doesn't state that they're asking for opinions, then assume it is asking for facts. If you want to respond and you're not sure of your facts, don't write your response as though it were fact. Preface your response with "this is a guess" or "I think" or "I'm pretty sure". In general though if you're not sure, let someone who IS sure respond.

Just think if everyone searched and the same topic wasn't covered 1,000,000 times. Then there might be fewer and more valid threads for any particular issue, and when you did search you might find what you were looking for. :wink: Fewer threads doesn't mean that we're less friendly people. It means that we don't have as much waste. Being efficient, accurate, and friendly should be our goal here. If you just want to chat with other like minded people, try the chat room or the non-tech board.[/quote']

I'm sure you're right, jmortensen. I suppose my questions were a bit specific/esoteric. What concerned me was that no one was answering "any" of my posts. I just figured my novice questions had become tiresome:oops:

I agree that a descriptive/specific title (did you notice this one:wink:) is imperative for posts and refined searching is paramonut to finding what one wants and filtering out the garble. I think I did a fairly good job of both. If one searches for the terms Accel AND 500+ or Accel AND 375+, he'll find both of those posts. I have many posts but these are a couple of the latest examples. I have asked for opinions but, as you stated, no one may have tried the items in question. Thanks for the tip to use the term "opinions wanted" or similar when seeking such.

All great info. Thanks:)

You're a fairly new member here. When you've seen "How much does it cost to put a 350 in a Z?" and "What are the biggest tires I can put on my Z?" or "When I put my turbo'd blown NOS'd 500 inch LS in my Z will I need to reinforce the frame?" a few hunded times each' date=' you will understand repetitive searchless questions that waste Dan's bandwidth.

Mike, I'm not an ignition expert, but look into the top MSD digital units. I [i']think[/i] they offer the features you desire.

John

Thanks John. Just for everyone's edification, I do always search and I find great archived info. If I find all my answers, I don't post those queries. It's when I want some very specific information that the searches sometimes fall a bit short.

Regarding ignition features: It's becoming apparent that compromises are in order. That nasty ol' budget just won't cooperate!!

Okay, I posted this elsewhere but I have some attention now:wink:

What do you guys think... umm, I mean what are your opinions... about by-passing the switches/pots in a MSD E-Curve dizzy and moving said controls to an in-dash panel via shielded wires?

Reasoning... COST!!

This is' date=' by far, the best advice for EVERYONE using HybridZ![/b']

If everyone obeyed Jon's suggestions as listed above in his post, the world (our little world?) would be a happier place :D

It's O.K. to ask questions, Mike. But I don't have all the answers :mrgreen:

Davy

This is' date=' by far, the best advice for EVERYONE using HybridZ![/b']

If everyone obeyed Jon's suggestions as listed above in his post, the world (our little world?) would be a happier place :D

It's O.K. to ask questions, Mike. But I don't have all the answers :mrgreen:

Davy

I concur that Jon gives super advice:icon14:. If you search the forums for Accel AND 500... or Accel AND 375, you'll find a couple of my posts:mrgreen: I think my titles are usually accurate/specific, though I'm sure I could improve:redface:

Tell me it isn't so, DavyZ :shock: ... you don't have ALL the answers:confused: Well, that's okay. So far you've been a great help to me:D

EDIT: This is strange... I just searched for my own posts here... http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=113413 and here... http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=113347 and no results were found. I searched using the terms "Accel 500" and "Accel 375". I searched from the top forum page and in the specific forums in which they're listed.

EDIT: This is strange... I just searched for my own posts here... http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=113413 and here... http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=113347 and no results were found. I searched using the terms "Accel 500" and "Accel 375". I searched from the top forum page and in the specific forums in which they're listed.

Just type in the word accel and try it again.

LARRY

Just type in the word accel and try it again.

LARRY

Thanks LARRY. I guess numerical search is disabled. That would explain some of my search failures, I suppose:oops:

Carefull guys complaining about everyone bitching about the search button. I did that and next thing you know I got some mod blowing up my PM box talking trash and not backing it all up.

So now I got two red dots :cool:

<-----------------

• Like 1

I fixed your little red dots. We don't really use that rating system here on this site but sometimes people figure out how to "adjust" them. Periodically I piss off one or more of the other Admins and then my little dots go all red for a couple weeks.

And if a mod or admin got our your case about something, it was probably deserved at the time. You're still on the site so your complaint and the mod's response couldn't have been that bad.

I fixed your little red dots. We don't really use that rating system here on this site but sometimes people figure out how to "adjust" them. Periodically I piss off one or more of the other Admins and then my little dots go all red for a couple weeks.

And if a mod or admin got our your case about something' date=' it was probably deserved at the time. You're still on the site so your complaint and the mod's response couldn't have been that bad.[/quote']

Yeah I dont think it was justified at all but what do I know, Im just a grease monkey! Thanks for fixing those dots though.

Yeah I dont think it was justified at all but what do I know, Im just a grease monkey! Thanks for fixing those dots though.

Umm... I'l be nice. Really... :icon50: