HybridZ

Infinity of Fairfield show 8-06-06

COZY Z COLE

100_0936.jpg

They had a Q45/350Z show there today and I couldn't resist showing up with a 75 280Z 355 SBC/blower. Caused quite a gathering, picture taking and BS talk. I had a good time. Best question of the day..."That's not a Japanese engine is it??" Funniest thing to watch was guys having their girl/wife stand next to the car for a photo shoot...

LARRY

Aww, I wish I'd known about the event. Although I don't think i'd been able to make it anyways, i'd just driven in from monterey at 2am the night before. Plus my ZX is out of commission.

Well glad to see you're sirring up the crowd larry. Larry was a bit modest to me about the paint when I met him, but don't let that kid you, it's one nice looking ride, really stands out and for good reason :D

Hanns, good to see you post. You've been kind of quite lately. Must be that first 1/4 mile run your planning on ..... or did I miss it?

Larry,

I did run the quarter 2 weeks ago but my torque converter died. After a miserable launch, the engine RPM stayed at 7000 whether I shifted or not.:sour: Still ran 10.21 at 135.:-) I stayed in it but the Z shook so bad it dislodged the carpeting from the firewall. Oh well, it lasted 6 years. Getting a new torque converter now.

Hanns