HybridZ

468cu SBC 1040HP in a zcar, stock suspension

:lol: Do you guys like the paint? You can do it too for 15 bucks and a trip to the K-mart...haha...This car is such a budget ride. I couldnt build a 350 for what Rip has in the whole car...I'll let you guys in on a litte secret...its not a 468 and its not making that kinda power...thats why we are only intersted in the 1/8....right now all this thing has in it is a single bolt in roll bar...its not intimidating at all to look at but sure has upset some all out drag cars..We being the responsible adults we are try to stay off the streets, but i think we could drive around on sat night and hurt some feelings

Gearheadstik, I do like the paint. Search the body kit forum for Camo ZZZap! to see what my $15 dollars from wal-mart got me. JnJ, you guys are so hard core, that reminds me of what Samuel L. Jackson would say in Pulp Fiction: "I never thought about what it meant, I just thought it was some cold blooded sh*t to say before you killed somebody" or something like that. I was thinking about putting: "Knowledge is power. What have YOU learned today?" on the back of the camo zzzap. I figured I'd wait until it was actually fast though...

:lol: Do you guys like the paint? You can do it too for 15 bucks and a trip to the K-mart...haha...This car is such a budget ride. I couldnt build a 350 for what Rip has in the whole car...I'll let you guys in on a litte secret...its not a 468 and its not making that kinda power...thats why we are only intersted in the 1/8....right now all this thing has in it is a single bolt in roll bar...its not intimidating at all to look at but sure has upset some all out drag cars..We being the responsible adults we are try to stay off the streets, but i think we could drive around on sat night and hurt some feelings
When I talked to Rip he told me he had a 468 sbc, but he told my brother a 383 sbc (Hmmmm) He told me it had a R180 with 300zxt cv axles, (Hmmmm) very interesting (German accent) I stopped by Fulton competion and talked with Gene, ( Hmmmm ) All is fair in Love ,War and Drag racing. Look forward to meeting you guys, I am having a blast already. Your right about surprising all out drag cars, I done that too when we had the 400sbc with the everthing under the hood. Zee Ya soon! Jerry :mrgreen:

I sneak up on people too.By the way,Brody SAYS he is coming.I'll believe it when I see it.Still trying to get with Sonny and his Blue beast.Should get my car back from the shop this week.Dedicated fuel supply for the nitrous should fix my issues.Found my Fuel pickup sock jammed into the corner of the cell all wadded up.Maybe I'm a sleeper since I havn't run better than 11.8 for two events.I kinda like the Zebra car....

I agree with you too, I like the zebra car. I am glad you found the problem. I hope you do get it going with the NOS, it would be interesting to see it fly down the strip on the juice. See ya at SEZ#7.

John

I sneak up on people too.By the way,Brody SAYS he is coming.I'll believe it when I see it.Still trying to get with Sonny and his Blue beast.Should get my car back from the shop this week.Dedicated fuel supply for the nitrous should fix my issues.Found my Fuel pickup sock jammed into the corner of the cell all wadded up.Maybe I'm a sleeper since I havn't run better than 11.8 for two events.I kinda like the Zebra car....

Rip told you wrong..its a r200..he's new to the zcar world...and for Dr. Hunt you should'nt have any probs waxin us in the 1/8 should you??? The closest 1/4 mile track is three hours away or so..this is a pretty small town, if we had a 1/4 mile track around we might be game but this car has only been down the track a dozen times or so...we are not disrespectful or dumb either...we know jnj comes alive at half track....it's goin to be fun if we make it to the meet...

Rip told you wrong..its a r200..he's new to the zcar world...and for Dr. Hunt you should'nt have any probs waxin us in the 1/8 should you??? The closest 1/4 mile track is three hours away or so..this is a pretty small town, if we had a 1/4 mile track around we might be game but this car has only been down the track a dozen times or so...we are not disrespectful or dumb either...we know jnj comes alive at half track....it's goin to be fun if we make it to the meet...
Hey we have only made I think about eight1/4 mile passes. Most of our local tracks are 1/8th mile too. Your right about our car it does pull harder on topend, like a turbo car the supercharger likes the 1/4 mile. I really do hope you guys are able to come. Jerry

Yes it is going to be fun, that's what it is all about. Yall have to come and enjoy the fun, see all the zcars and others, meet and greet the great people that come to this event and yes play with the cars, put them to the test and see what happens. Like I say you can't go through Life Scared.

The guy's here are just talking smack, some ragging, but please do not take anything personal. Really the only reason I posted this is to let everyone on this site know about the match race that I and Rip talked about and that we planned on doing this race at SEZ and putting on a good show in hopes more people will come out to SEZ and support it, the cars and the people and Staff who organize this great event.

I also would like to take this time to thank Scottie-GNZ, and WigenOut-S30 for inviting and telling us about HybridZ. I was on Zcar.com and they were really down on us. Scottie-GNZ and WigenOut-S30 said to come to this site, I am glad we did.

John

"quote=gearheadstik]Rip told you wrong..its a r200..he's new to the zcar world...and for Dr. Hunt you should'nt have any probs waxin us in the 1/8 should you??? The closest 1/4 mile track is three hours away or so..this is a pretty small town, if we had a 1/4 mile track around we might be game but this car has only been down the track a dozen times or so...we are not disrespectful or dumb either...we know jnj comes alive at half track....it's goin to be fun if we make it to the meet...

You are correct about sorting out the car. The last thing you want to do is jump in one and run it all out.

The boys z is in paint prison, but it will be getting the needed overhaul consisting of complete front suspension and rear suspension makeover with some tires wider than the 9 inch ones it's got now. Maybe a few other tricks including a little more stroke and bore, not to mention alittle more cam.

This car wasn't set up to run 1/8th mile. I've never stepped on it that hard either. On the brake leaves at 4300, shift at 6K, traps at 6500 on all motor. Never been much of a NOS fan myself but it works pretty good.

That looks like a really nice car and sounds to be pretty quick. I think the ultimate would be for all the fast guys to show up to one event and have some fun. We'll have to spot scottie some lengths though.

In the meantime I'll watch from the porch as you big dogs shoot it out. I'll come play at a later date.

Hey Dr_Hunt I will be counting on you to come back and play some more. I think you are really going to miss out on a good SEZ#7 this year. I think we will have a lot of fast cars this year including Scottie.

John

You are correct about sorting out the car. The last thing you want to do is jump in one and run it all out.

The boys z is in paint prison' date=' but it will be getting the needed overhaul consisting of complete front suspension and rear suspension makeover with some tires wider than the 9 inch ones it's got now. Maybe a few other tricks including a little more stroke and bore, not to mention alittle more cam.

This car wasn't set up to run 1/8th mile. I've never stepped on it that hard either. On the brake leaves at 4300, shift at 6K, traps at 6500 on all motor. Never been much of a NOS fan myself but it works pretty good.

That looks like a really nice car and sounds to be pretty quick. I think the ultimate would be for all the fast guys to show up to one event and have some fun. We'll have to spot scottie some lengths though.

In the meantime I'll watch from the porch as you big dogs shoot it out. I'll come play at a later date.[/quote']

I'm going to shoot for March '07. There is absolutely no way I could make it. The z is totally stripped and awaiting body filler, primer and paint. I'm ordering the AZ Z car parts next week to do the front end with and probably next month I'll order the new 3.875 stroke crank, pistons and new cam/spings/retainers to match. It'll take awhile to get it all together but the car was so squirrely to drive that I had to do something. That and some front end suspension limiting and I think it'll be there with the new engine.

You do 8's with the blower, I'll try to get there on motor, that will be a show!!

Okay, we will see you March 2007 then. Oh the blower has no problem getting into the 8's, it is just the car. If we had this setup in our old Z-car (Steve's) before he sold it, I would say probably mid-8's for sure. Plus I would like to switch to fuel injection hood and run Alcohol which means I can go to about 40% over driven, currently I am running only 2% over driven. Problem is the present Z-car can't take much more.......Its a date then, enjoy your hunting expedition.

John

I'm going to shoot for March '07. There is absolutely no way I could make it. The z is totally stripped and awaiting body filler' date=' primer and paint. I'm ordering the AZ Z car parts next week to do the front end with and probably next month I'll order the new 3.875 stroke crank, pistons and new cam/spings/retainers to match. It'll take awhile to get it all together but the car was so squirrely to drive that I had to do something. That and some front end suspension limiting and I think it'll be there with the new engine.

You do 8's with the blower, I'll try to get there on motor, that will be a show!![/quote']

I'm going to shoot for March '07. There is absolutely no way I could make it. The z is totally stripped and awaiting body filler' date=' primer and paint. I'm ordering the AZ Z car parts next week to do the front end with and probably next month I'll order the new 3.875 stroke crank, pistons and new cam/spings/retainers to match. It'll take awhile to get it all together but the car was so squirrely to drive that I had to do something. That and some front end suspension limiting and I think it'll be there with the new engine.

You do 8's with the blower, I'll try to get there on motor, that will be a show!![/quote'] Dr Hunt,I have heard rumors of mixing alky with racing gas. In a all gas set up what do you think? Do you have any good rifle scopes you want to turn loose? I hunted the Bob in Montana 2years ago this Nov, I bagged a 5X5 Elk @ est 850lbs, it was a great hunt. The outfitter I used was Ernie Barker at the Triple J Ranch. Happy Hunting and looking forward to seeing you in March. Jerry

Seems perfectly reasonable to me. The attached picture is me in the a 383 Blown SBC Chevy project we built shooting for the 9's about 13 years ago. Ford 9" nodular 5 Link rear.

Driven on the street quite a bit but was sold for obscene price before it made it to the strip even once! (unproven)

I've been accused of having no respect for my unbridled willingness to intermingle Chevy, Ford, Datsun/Nissan, Mazda what-ever it takes to get it done.

Have a great week-end guys!

- Lee

1967 Blown Cobra SC copy_thumb.JPG

Dr Hunt,I have heard rumors of mixing alky with racing gas. In a all gas set up what do you think? Do you have any good rifle scopes you want to turn loose? I hunted the Bob in Montana 2years ago this Nov, I bagged a 5X5 Elk @ est 850lbs, it was a great hunt. The outfitter I used was Ernie Barker at the Triple J Ranch. Happy Hunting and looking forward to seeing you in March. Jerry

I went by the triple J ranch on one of our driving tours. Nice country that Montana.

Actually, I'm rifle scope poor. I let go a 36x leupold target scope on the 6mmBR that I just traded off. Other than that they are all pretty high power scopes, the lowest power I shoot is a 12x and most have 6.5x20 Leupolds on them for the long shots we take out here.

Too many hobbies, not enough time. This work thing is getting in the way of the fun!