HybridZ

Which wideband to get and do I go for datalogging?

dr_hunt

I did a search on wideband and didn't find what I was looking for. Ok, I'm running the banks blow through carb setup and trying to finalize the setup. Got the Greddy E-01 EBC which will read and display 02 sensor readings of 0-5V. But do I do the datalogging anyway or just plug the 02 sensor into the EBC?

I have the Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump and FPR, Running a MSD6BTM. Starting to put it all together and I really want this to be right so your suggestions are valued.

You can't just plug in the sensor to the EBC.

The sensor needs a controller' date=' if you don't want to datalog you can just run the LC-1.

I've heard lots of good thing's from the Innovate products.

Mario[/quote']

According to greddy that is possible with a $20 cable connector. It will display and log A/F ratio's. All you need to know is the volt range and the reading range of the O2 sensor.

Innovate LC-1 is a good product for cheap. If you have a laptop, you can have some pretty powerful (much better than you'll get from Innovate) datalogging abilities from the NI USB-6008. If you have a good datalogger, you can get away with having a wideband system without a gauge. You won't be able to see the data from it without the laptop connected, but seriously, how often are you actually using it? Once you have things set, you can just leave it until sometime later when you want to log it again.

That's why I went with the Greddy profec E-01. Has in car display and will read and display A/F ratio's for tuning. I was also thinking prologger for the $600 which does everything and then buying a cheap laptop to read it all with. Since I'm running carb, tuning isn't quite like EFI. I can change jets, timing, and timing retard and that's about it.

In the near future I'm going to be doing a Z with EFI and turbo so it might be handy to have for that as well.

Since engines are so expensive I dont' want to mess around and loose one due to a poor tune.

Was wondering what everyone else is doing for tuning. I know scottie reads everything, just wondering how to get it all done correctly.

I have an LM1 and like everything except it can't be mounted on the dash or steering colum for qucik viewing. I have one of the 2 configurable outputs set to 0-5 and it is used for MSII for datalogging and I can still look at the display for realtime. If you want it in the car permently in eyesight I would agree jgkurz on the FJO.

The guy I bought the greddy from is supplying me with a wideband sensor and the attachment cable for the E01. It will display realtime AFR vs boost vs rpm. That is what I like.

Calibrating the boost controller is rather dicey, requires one pass at full boost!............., which is why I wanted the wideband right away, get that straight, then worry about the boost controller function.