HybridZ

Tested the new M/T ET Drag Radials.

We went down the return road at the strip to warm up the car, Jerry hit it a couple of times and nothing, like spinning in water, smoke every where.

Lined up, did awsome sideways burnout, smoke every where, lined up took off and blew the tires off the ground, let out of it and back into it. Too much power for them.

Reverted back to the slicks and noticed 60 ft. was off bad, slicks not holding. I guess it is that time to purchase more slicks before we head out to SEZ.

Updated website www.jnjdragracing.com. Link to movie of us testing the ET Drag radials is http://www.jnjdragracing.com/etdragradials.mpg.

Also posted photos in same section of the ET Drag Radials on the car. Also showing off new Fire Jacket, with the HybridZ patch proudley displayed on it.

Here are some photo's.

Know anyone looking to purchase a brand new set of Weld Wheels with M/T ET Dragradials 275/60/15 mounted and balanced? Also a used set of slicks, I think they are 28x9X15. Still have a lot of wear left, just not working for us.

Contact my brother Jerry (PM). We can bring them to SEZ if anyone wants to buy them.

Z-Gad, these will not help you. You will need slicks..... Trust me...

John

Z-Gad' date=' these will not help you. You will need slicks..... Trust me...

John[/quote']

Thanks John LOL!!

What size slick do you run on what size wheel, and what is the backspacing on your Weld's?

You are still running the stock spring perches and springs aren't you?

Mike

Yes we are, I think the back spacing of the rims are 4.5 , 7 inch rim - width x 15 Tall.

Thanks John LOL!!

What size slick do you run on what size wheel' date=' and what is the backspacing on your Weld's?

Mike[/quote']

Thanks John LOL!!

What size slick do you run on what size wheel' date=' and what is the backspacing on your Weld's?

Mike[/quote'] Mike, like John stated the wheels are a 15x7 weld draglites with a 4.5 back spacing, and we are running the stock springs and perches. We run a 1/4 inch spacer and I had to remove a 1/4 of and inch off the spring perches for the drag radials to clear. With the tires on the car we have 3/8 of and inch clearance to the spring perch. I have talked to a guy at one of our local tracks and he told me he cut the center of the spring perch and shifted it over a inch and welded them back in place. He claimed to run a 28x10 slick and the tire was not sticking out. I have not pursued this yet, because I was tearing up enough stuff on a 28x9. Jerry.

Yes they are 4 lug. I think they were made for a mustang but the other pattern fis the 4 lug datsun. I will let my brother Jerry know you are interested in them.

John

are those wheels 4 lug for the datsun pattern?

If so' date=' I'll buy them off of you, that would be perfect for my lt1 setup thats making 350whp, should hold me just fine i think[/quote']

Well it was something my brother Jerry wanted to try. I guess he wanted to see how fast he could go on 275/60/15 ET Drag Radials. He still has not giving up on them yet. He is going to try them again, but at a better track. I will keep yall posted on his success or not. Oh I remember now, he planning on putting it back on the street, street legal and wanted to find out what or if they would work.

Probably will be driveing it around at SEZ#7 on Saturday some to go out to dinner in etc.

John

I was wondering why you were tring the radials? Slicks are much better. I couldn't run drag radials on my car, I knew they wouldn't work for yours!

My friend tried out the older M/T drag radials on his RX7 making like 600+hp and he smoked the crap out of those as well. He hated the tires.

He ended up running 275/50-15 Nitto 555R's instead, and loved them.

well let him know that i am very interested in them, for the right price, I will buy the wheels/tires, i need them for my application where i think they will work great

I'd love to see what a proper launch would get me with my mild lt1 at 2540lb. I'd love to squeeze off some low 11 to mid 11's on the motor

350whp with the new cam

I was wondering why you were tring the radials? Slicks are much better. I couldn't run drag radials on my car, I knew they wouldn't work for yours!
Mike, I wanted to try them because I have a friend (Chris Tuten) that runs the NMRA in the drag radial class. He has to run the BFG Radials, but he tried a set of the M/T 325/50/15 and he went a 5.21 in the 1/8th with a 1.31 60' . I was hoping to run in the low 9's or maybe the 8's in the 1/4 on street tires. I talked with M/T today and they gave me some information to try. Chris told me the drag radial were more stable at high speeds. The track we went to this weekend had been hit by lighting the first part of the week, so we did not get 60' or mph every pass which was not good, when you are trying new combinations. We will try and go to a good track this weekend. I will have my trusty slicks with me . Jerry

I am glad to see you guys trying those out.My nitto555r's are about gone and I was about to buy some new tires for SEZS7.The Nittos have been good to me but the MTDR's are getting a little press coverage.I was checking them out at the speed shop last week and they felt pretty soft and sticky,but I trust feedback from somebody I know much more than crap I read in mags.Please keep us up on the testing and what the manufacturers said about the tire,pressures,temps,heating methods and so on.I would love to find a streetable tire I could spray earlier on than 60 ft.Anybody else who could compare the Nittos to the MickeyT's please chime in.If the bolt pattern is a 5 bolt mustang on those wheels,I would'nt mind checking for fit/clearance at Reynolds if you still have em'.Might clear the coilovers a bit better than the stock perches,without spacers(I doubt it,my luck aint that good!).See you soon!

Mike, I wanted to try them because I have a friend (Chris Tuten) that runs the NMRA in the drag radial class. He has to run the BFG Radials, but he tried a set of the M/T 325/50/15 and he went a 5.21 in the 1/8th with a 1.31 60' . I was hoping to run in the low 9's or maybe the 8's in the 1/4 on street tires. I talked with M/T today and they gave me some information to try. Chris told me the drag radial were more stable at high speeds. The track we went to this weekend had been hit by lighting the first part of the week, so we did not get 60' or mph every pass which was not good, when you are trying new combinations. We will try and go to a good track this weekend. I will have my trusty slicks with me . Jerry

I hope you can figure them out! Some people do great with them, I couldn't.