HybridZ

injector help please

fentin_fury

Before I get told - I did search. I am sure that many of you have upgraded your injectors on your RB series motors - I am looking for input. Ebay has a host of injectors for the RB26 - some quoted as new - such as the VENOM - but Stony's comments worry me. Anyone else with VENOM experience? I have six 550cc Mazda injectors - but have decided to go new - and get them ASAP (of course).

Around 600-650cc would be great. Any comments or contact info appreciated.

Q

Before I get told - I did search. I am sure that many of you have upgraded your injectors on your RB series motors - I am looking for input. Ebay has a host of injectors for the RB26 - some quoted as new - such as the VENOM - but Stony's comments worry me. Anyone else with VENOM experience? I have six 550cc Mazda injectors - but have decided to go new - and get them ASAP (of course).

Around 600-650cc would be great. Any comments or contact info appreciated.

Q

Sard ones are usually on ebay. they pull quite a premium over other brands though. =/

I also looked at Pwer enterprise injectors - however I found a number of individuals who told me these injectors performed poorly in RBs due to their length - or lack there of.

I have gone cheep and ordered some Venom injectors.

If anyone is interested I have eight or nine Mazda injectors (550 cc) along with a set of stock RB26 injectors.

I'll keep you updated on the Venom peices once I receive them. I will also update on the Microtech LT12S once running:icon14:

it is getting very close...... should have plumbing of intercooler, oil cooler and intake done this week - then wait for injectors while completing exhaust, moving battery to back (surge tank in old battery local), installing 300ZXT half shafts, new guages etc.... Maybe two weeks+.

q

Maybe two weeks+.

how much have you spent so far, if you don't mind me asking?

rough estimate, of course.

also, i think some of the companies that have their own lines of injectors are actually just rebadged from the same manufacturer.

I had a list of the same injectors from the different companies, much like a list of the same CD-R media from different companies that you would find on the interweb.

sad that my computer decided to go poopey.

HOw much have a spent? More than planned:shock:

Rough estimates only - but here we go...

R32 Rb26 and 5 speed RWD tranny - $1750

R34 long block $5500

Turbo rebuilds $1800

Microtech LT12S, Wide band O2, coil pack driver - $2500

Drive Shaft $400

Motor mounts $250

Gasket set $240

N1 water pump $225

Timing Belt $30

Intercooler and piping $400

Exhaust $650

Injectors $550

fuel pump(s), fuel filter, serge tank, pressure reg, 240Z tank mod - $1000

Cage in car $2500

New guages - tack, speedo & boost $450

New Clutch, flywheel $500

oil cooler and plumbing - $200

oil pan, pickup, oil pan mods coatings - $240

other stuff - lsd, R31 turbo half shafts, adjustable T/C rods, 280Z stub axles (modified for R31T half shafts)

I could go on and on - as we all know. - and there will be more.

Q

Guest strokerZ

Hey Fentin..didnt realize you were from Toronto...What size injectors did you end up getting. I bought a set of 720cc venom injectors. Had some concerns after reading some of the other boards but also heard a lot of good things from other people who love them...Im hoping the bad press is like the story going around a campfire where the truth is somewhat distorted. only time will tell. Im looking at mid september to get the car on the road...then six weeks later put it away for the winter..bummer.

Holy Crap Batman' date=' we need to rob a bank!

I had no idea that RB's were that expensive to use in a z!

I sincerely hope it kicks some bootie when you get it going![/quote']

I am sure there are less expensive ways of doing this - I decided on a stand alone system vs. the skyline CPU, some upgraded components, etc that have pushed the conversion up in $. Did not have to have oil cooler, intercooler, upgraded stub axles, lightned flywheel, upgraded turbos etc.

Q

• 5 weeks later...