HybridZ

Help w/ Haltech... PLS

260turbo

Ok to set the stage i have a 260 with a 280et motor in it hopefully to be run by a Haltech E6K. For triggering I am using the 83 Distributor and a 84 300ZX distributor wheel. I am set in Direct Fire/Waste Spark mode for fuel and spark.

So with that said I just finished wiring up the unit and I when I turn it over I get an erratic number for my RPMs. It will usually start at 180 the jump to 120 the back to 180 and then just drop to 0 and If I keep turning it over then it may jump back to 180 again. I get spark, but it is erratic also and I haven't pulled my injectors to see if I get fuel.

My settings are:

Trigger Input = Hall Effect

Trigger Edge = Rising

Home Input = Hall Effect

Home Edge = Rising

Home Window Teeth = 9

Nissan Tooth offset = 1

Trigger Type = Nissan

Trigger Angle = 41

So I think everything is set right but I am just boggled by why it isn't working. I think the issue is strictly in the trigger (and settings?) because I do get RPMS they just aren't consistently regestered. Anyways thanks in advance for any help and if your a haltech wiz feel free to reach me at austinc7@jam.rr.com

Austin Clark

OK so even though I am not using the distributor to fire the engine I am using coil packs I set it to Distributor?

Sorry if I seem dense but I just like questions.

Austin

hmm, Sorry for the confusion earlier, It wasnt clear to me that you are using the dizzy just as a trigger and not to distribute spark. From the looks of things though (and as fair warning, I'm still learning my haltech stuff and am by no means an expert) your settings seem correct to me. It seems that something in the trigger may be screwy. are you getting enough voltage to the ECU itself?

oh yea... I am getting plenty of Voltage. I donno I was very careful to mark the top of my 84 dist. wheel. But maybe, just maybe, i flipped it by some freak mistake... I just don't understand how it would register some numbers if it was flipped. My next thing will be to flip it over for the hell of it.

Any other ideas to try while I am over there let me know.

Austin

Make sure that you have it in wastespark and that you digital outs are being used for the other two coil packs. your trigger setup for nissan looks correct, another thing you need to look at is your distrb timing,--not to make you feel dumb but if you currently changed the distributer to the 83zxt make sure that the shaft wasn't 180 degrees off. if thats not the case turn the dist all the way to one side and then tighten it down. the next thing you need to do is set the timing lock at a set timing and find it from that point. don't change the dist position--instead manipulate the setings on the haltech. i hope this gets you started i'll keep looking at the tread for any questions.

sorry about the sloppy grammer i'm in a rush